News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally drove my 73 around the block a few times

Started by WH23G3G, November 24, 2011, 10:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

Ok I finally drove my 73 Charger around the block a few times probably a total of about 4 miles. We did it a few times. Everything worked good. The only issue is that the mysterious underhood smoke reappeared after it was driven and gotten hot. However, there's no leakage anywhere anymore under the car or under the hood. I think someone here said that it's the exhaust studs and that it will dissipate later. I just wanted to make sure before I drive it out on the congested roads of town to get it to the alignment shop. The alignment is so off it looks like the tires are going to come off the rims. But it road good and had good power, felt like a stock 400-4bbl. No tailpipe smoking, no unusual noises or pops. But it's only been a couple miles. Hey but I was very impressed that the speedometer worked and it seemed to be accurate. I got it out of a junkyard GA Highway Patrol Coronet that had been sitting in the woods for probably 15-20 years. It worked good.

Fred

I'm happy for you........What a feeling!
I know when I took mine out for the very first time after a 2 year restoration, it was the greatest feeling. I got such a buzz out of it. Did have some hairy moments though when the temperature of the new engine started to creep up to 230F.  But after a few trips it settled and now she runs at a constant 170-180F and I can just concerntrate on enjoying the ride.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!