News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Protecting your charger... What do you do?

Started by MoparMotel, November 16, 2011, 01:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Quote from: aussiemuscle on November 22, 2011, 12:24:52 AM
Quote from: Cooter on November 16, 2011, 06:50:26 AM
I've found that the best way to try and keep a car thief from stealing your ride is not to buy one. But, aside from that, I like hidden kill switches.

These can make it much harder for thieves to simply drive off. Most times, especially in a city, if they have to push it, they will leave it.
That's what the flatbed is for. i'd imagine a lot of chargers would be stolen to order nowadays.

on another forum i read a story of how they got into the house, stole the keys, got the car out of the garage and wheeled it out, all while the owners were sleeping.  :eek2:

fwiw, mine has a cheap gps tracker hidden inside. i can get it's position sms to my mobile phone.

Will you post what GPS tracker you're using, I didn't know there were cheap ones available.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

MoparMotel

Quote from: GreenMachine on November 22, 2011, 05:19:25 AM
Quote from: aussiemuscle on November 22, 2011, 12:24:52 AM
Quote from: Cooter on November 16, 2011, 06:50:26 AM
I've found that the best way to try and keep a car thief from stealing your ride is not to buy one. But, aside from that, I like hidden kill switches.

These can make it much harder for thieves to simply drive off. Most times, especially in a city, if they have to push it, they will leave it.
That's what the flatbed is for. i'd imagine a lot of chargers would be stolen to order nowadays.

on another forum i read a story of how they got into the house, stole the keys, got the car out of the garage and wheeled it out, all while the owners were sleeping.  :eek2:

fwiw, mine has a cheap gps tracker hidden inside. i can get it's position sms to my mobile phone.

Will you post what GPS tracker you're using, I didn't know there were cheap ones available.

I'm curios as well. I'd rather try one of those instead of spending $600 for Lojack
1968 Dodge Charger

kab69440

Quote from: twodko on November 16, 2011, 12:29:00 PM
Skip has a salient point. While we all love our mopars, in the final analysis it's just a material thing and certainly not worth a life.  :Twocents:

Just because you're entitled to an opinion does not obligate me to agree with you. Anyone caught fooling around with my car WILL disappear.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."