News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

engine mount issue

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, November 13, 2011, 06:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

the motor is sitting in the car but we noticed theres a space between the mount and the space on the kframe where the mounts bolt to the car. i assume this isnt normal. any idea whats going on here?

maxwellwedge

Made in India motor mounts?

Saw the same thing on a small block with the India mounts. Is that pin engaged in the hole in the k-frame?

Brightyellow69rtse

i got them from 440 source. i dont remember honestly. we put the motor in like a month ago and i havent had the chance to get back to it. we did a little today, we got the clutch and pressure plate on but had some issues getting the tranny up there. that 4 speed is friggin awkward to move. after we decided to call the game today my dad saw the space between the mounts.

maxwellwedge

What a pile of crap they sell. I wouldn't leave those in there if you ever plan on doing anything radical.....like driving the car.  :icon_smile_angry:

Luckily I spotted the ones I found while the engine was fitted to the k-frame - while it was out of the car.

Cooter

I run the "Indie" mounts and are fine. Try loosening the long bolt at bottom and letting the engine "Settle" into the K frame. Sometimes, if you install the long bolt with the weight off the engine like you would have to if the K frame was out of car, it is possible to get the gap you have here.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

maxwellwedge

I wonder if the customer complaint line for an India product is in the US?   :lol:

I guess you are just lucky......The stuff is crap. I will never put them on another car.

Brightyellow69rtse

ugh thanks guys ill try to loosen the bolt and see if it settles down. if not where should i buy new mounts?

firefighter3931

Mike, It looks like the pin in the mount isn't properly lined up with the locating hole in the k-frame. Remove the long bolts and jiggle the engine around....it should drop in place.  :yesnod:

Did you reinforce the driver side mount ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

maxwellwedge

I thought that at first as well Ron - And it may be. But, if they are anything like the ones I have had problems with, the nut is welded in the wrong spot.....keeping the mount elevated.

Brightyellow69rtse

i didnt do anything to the mounts Ron i just put them on.

maxwellwedge