News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DashPad comparision on 73 charger

Started by randy73, November 08, 2011, 01:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

I bought earlier this year a dashpad from Dante's, it fit very well but some of the studs were stripped and the 2 clips were loose and the plastic inserts you screw the metal dash panel into were missing.
Plus, vinyl was the wrong grain pattern, but before I called them about these problems, I dropped a metal part on the vinyl and so that ruled any help from Dantes.

So I order a new one from PG Classics and I get it and am at first amazed, inserts were there, pad had brand new studs, both clips had new rivets and were tight, now for the bad. The vinyl looks perfect were it should, but it is bunchup were the trim plate goes, so that would have to be trimmed (no big deal), but the pad is over 1/2 off along the 2 front corners, the frame looks like a backward checkmark, but the pad is kind of rounded were it meets the frame and since you will see it as soon as you open the door and I am a little on the anal side, I called them and sent a picture of the gap, they are reviewing it right now and will let me know, just hope they have better customer service than Dante's!!!
Also, PG's pad came from China.

BTW: Price was $345+50 shipping for PG and Dantes was $495 + $50 core (cost me $42 to ship back) + 75 shipping

If PG corrects mine, I will say buy theirs, but stay away from Dante's, way overpriced and poor quality.

PG Dashpad pictured below, you can see the gap.

Nacho-RT74

not for me, sorry. Still will stick with AZ Nick ( if he still makes it ), rebuilt job
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

randy73

I just got off the phone with PG Classic and I spent 25 FRUSTRATING minutes talking to their Tech, he kept flip-flopping from I did not put it on correctly to the gap is supposed to be there and all points inbetween, in the end I finally told him I will ship the pad back and they will refund my money.

Moral of this story, do not buy either of these pads.

randy73

Do not buy from PG Classics, sent my pad back and they say it fits fine. So I ask them to send me a picture with the pad on a 73 frame and they declined. They would only refund the pad cost and not my shipping costs, so I am now out $133 and still do not have a pad. Poor customer service and quality, so stay away from them.