News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Air ducts in 73 charger

Started by randy73, November 24, 2011, 12:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Parts of my duct work are just plain worn out, is there any plastic filler I could use on these?

Ghoste

Is there any reason the same kind of epoxy's they use to repair grilles wouldn't work?  Which parts specifically are you talking about?

randy73

The defroster vents, right where the air comes out. Mine are almost completely gone.

Where can you get the epoxy and do you know the brand name?

bajaherbie

maybe something like this? people use it on steering wheels, maybe it would work on your ducts.
[url]   /http://www.eastwood.com/pc-7-epoxy-1-2-lb-can.html [url]

randy73

bajaherbie

i've never restored one but from what i have read on other forums, epoxy is the way to go. grind out the cracks a bit, fill with epoxy and sand smooth then paint.

randy73

I do not have a crack, I have a hole an inch wide and about 5" wide.

randy73

Thanks, but do you think the glass will stay bonded to the plastic, she is going to be pretty much a garage queen, but she might come out in the winter from time to time amd I do not want to worry about the glass seperating when I put on the defroster.