News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help refinishing cosole

Started by 66chargeragain, November 08, 2011, 08:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66chargeragain

I need to get the top sections of my console refinished for my '66. The original is pitted etc. Looking for suggestions to where I might send to have refinished. Replacement cosole tops seem to be available for most Mopars but I have not been able to find anything for the '66 full length unit. I would appreciate any suggestons you may have as to getting repaired or to where I might get replacements. Used would be great as well but must be in excellent shape. 

68blue

The 66 console has similar materials to my 68, plated pot metal top on an ABS plastic box. I didn't have much success replating the top part, it cleared up the pits pretty well but still did not look good enough for such a high visibility part of the inside of the car. The straight "cut" edges look rounded off from the polishing. Bought two repo pieces to replace the worst of the 4. I repainted the box after repairing some cracks, it looks very nice now.

66chargeragain

The box or boxes as there are two in the long '66 console are actually made of fibreglass and I have all finished nicely except for the the top pot metal parts. That's where the problem begins, who do I get to refinish and do a good job?

68blue

I went to a few platers locally, all told me not to expect much with replated pot metal. Best of luck with your project. :popcrn: