News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock 1405 Kickdown pictures...

Started by ramairthree, November 15, 2011, 12:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramairthree

I am dealing with an age old Mopar problem.
My 74 was a 2bbl 318 console shift 904 car.

At some point, a late 70s/early 80s 318/360 factory 4 bbl intake was added, with a Edelbrock 1405 (manual choke 650cfm)

the manifold seems fine

the carb is working fine

I have no idea what to do with my choke heater

Is anyone using this same carb and how did you set up a functioning choke?

My kick down obviously needs to be hooked up and adjusted.

I am ordering some Edelbrock adapter parts (8003, 8004, 8002, 1481, 1843)

Is there anyone out there with the same or similar factory manifold and model carb that can show some pictures of how they are set up?

Thank you for any information.

John_Kunkel

The #8003 and 8004 won't do you much good, they are intended for threaded rods and yours has the flat-bar top link. You will need the #1481 to properly hookup the throttle cable and TP linkage...since it was originally a 2-barrel you'll need to extend the flat-bar link and welding in a piece is the most practical way.

The factory choke heat resistor will no longer be needed, for a manual choke carb you'll need to hook up a choke cable or get an Edelbrock electric choke conversion kit.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

71bee

yup, definitely save you a headache & snag an Edelbrock electric choke kit. real easy to install & adjust.  :Twocents: