News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuse ratings - 68 Charger

Started by 68neverlate, November 15, 2011, 01:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68neverlate

I've tried searching threads to determine the fuse ratings for each of the 6 circuits in a '68 Charger, but without any luck.   :'(

My fuse block is in good condition, however, the white paint indicating the fuse ratings has been removed for some so I'm unable to confirm if the right fuses are in the fuse block for each circuit (on one of the ones I can make out, it is definitely not right).  My wiring diagrams do not specify fuse ratings either.  Can anyone post a picture of a fuse block showing all 6 circuit amp ratings??  From what I can make out on mine, it looks like it goes 3A (that's a guess), 20A, 20A, 20A, 20A, and completely unreadable for radio.  Are those right?  What is amp rating for the radio circuit? 

Also, I'd like to know the rest of the circuit information on the block if possible.  I only have one half of the info for each circuit.  Going from the same end as above, it goes Inst and ??, Tail and ??, C/Ltr and ??, Acc and ??, Heat and ??, and Radio and ??

Any info anyone could provide would really be appreciated.    :yesnod:     

68neverlate

Appreciate whatever anyone can pass along on this.   :yesnod:

Would it help if I told you there's a cookie on the line??  :drool5:    :drool5:     

Dans 68

Here you go (from the FSM).

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

68neverlate

Thanks for the picture Dan... appreciate your reply.    :cheers:

The unfortunate part is that it doesn't show the ratings for two circuits that I'm having the most trouble seeing on my fuse block (radio and instrument lights - the two outside ones).  I think they're 5A and 3A respectively (based on other pictures I've seen but they're far from clear).  I checked with the parts guy at our local Dodge/Chrysler dealership and he couldn't find/see anything in any of his old manuals either. 

Seems funny that all there is to go by is the painted on information on the fuse block itself.  Suggests that there might be different ratings/circuits for various cars (light package option, etc.).    :shruggy:

Do you have a good fuse block on your car to read those numbers from?