News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can you rebuild electric window motors?.....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, November 02, 2011, 01:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

Pretty sure the driver's side main window motor died on my '70.

It was working intermittently (would close if you pulled up on the window), but it is now completely locked up (no up or down).

Was wondering if the motor can be rebuilt, or if it has to be replaced.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

mpdlawdog

toper can rebuilt them...he is a member here...

I bought new ones for my 68.....NAPA has them
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

Johnny SixPack

Thanks, man! :cheers:

Found out O'Reily has 'em too.

How are they held in?

Someone told me the originals use rivets, and that when installing the new motor you'll have to use bolts.

Any truth to that, and if so, what sized bolts?

Thanks again! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

mpdlawdog

Nope they are bolted in. At least mine were.  I used clamps to hold up window and took the regulator out. You just can't take the motor out. It's a process. I thought power windows were a cool rare factory option in my charger but they are a pain to change the motor out  let me know if you run into any problems.
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-