News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any Christmas Projects for your Charger?

Started by RKCHARGER, December 20, 2011, 05:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKCHARGER

Just as the heading says and Christmas projects for your Chargers?

I will get up pics as I work on them, but I plan on swapping out headlights (xenon) and fabricating spacers for the wheels!

westcoastdodge

got a bumble bee stripe kit to fit,door,roof and trunk seals to replace oh and them cat whisker thingies :2thumbs:
and locate and fit an unsilenced air cleaner with 440 magnum pie tin :coolgleamA:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

WV69RT

vancamp

gonna replace the reproduction fan shroud that grenaded due to it shrinking and warping :flame: and got into the fan on a banzai run.

MadScientist

Hopefully will get the car stripped down to bare bones for blasting...

TXcharger70

Hopefully get an alignment, fix a tranny leak, install my grille and hood and actually take it out for a full test drive and not on back roads

70 Charger RT

Just got my steering box back from firm feel in Vancouver, WA.  I'll be installing it over Christmas.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

projectanimal

Replied in the wrong post, but check out the thread "what color did you paint your car" for pictures of my new shocks!!  :2thumbs:
northwest CT

Musicman

Lots of stuff happening here for the Charger. My current project is an Engine Run/Test stand... I'll be using it for other stuff too of course, but the Chargers new 6-pack build gets first dibs. The 6-Pack was broken in on a DTS Dyno, but it has never been properly tuned & jetted etc, so it's going on the stand first. I just ordered a new Radiator and Electric fan for this engine too, so they will be tested on the stand at the same time, along with other items like the Chargers new electric fuel pump & filter, various ignition components and gages etc... Pretty much anything that will be associated with this engine will be tested, tweaked and proven here on the stand before going into the Charger.  It's still a work in progress at the moment, but it's moving right along and should be up and running fairly soon. I gotta tell ya, I'm having a ball fabricating this thing though... after 3 years on the road, it sure does feel good to finally be back home playing with my toys again.

67Charger440

Did you cut down the GV housing adapter?  Respline the shaft?  Where does it sit in relation to the crossmember now?  I always have hated how far back the regular adapter puts the unit...

...or is that a truck/motorhome version?

Ghoste

Maybe a pair of shiny new repop exterior mirrors.  Mine are looking a bit ratty.

Patronus

Im finally going to get the bright work done!  :cheers:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

RKCHARGER

Musicman

Quote from: 67Charger440 on December 21, 2011, 02:08:35 PM
Did you cut down the GV housing adapter?  Respline the shaft?  Where does it sit in relation to the crossmember now?  I always have hated how far back the regular adapter puts the unit...
...or is that a truck/motorhome version?

This is the shorter Truck style tail housing. I have used it here mainly to minimise the differences in drive shaft length and overall drive-line geometry after installation of the GV unit. It also places the GV unit in an area of the tunnel where there is a little more clearance. I know that Drive-line issues are rare after the installation of a GV unit, but it can happen depending on the original geometry... so with that in mind I figured anything I can do to help avoid issues in this area will be worth the effort, especially with my luck, or lack thereof. The only downside to using this housing really is that there is no place to bolt up the little bracket for the torque shaft bushing used with an Automatic Console Shift linkage. No big deal, but the two mounting tabs are not there, so you have manufacture something yourself.

Sorry, don't mean to Hi-jack the thread... end of discussion.