News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

musclecar cloning, to a whole new level

Started by held1823, October 30, 2011, 11:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

this one is from the blue oval camp, but gives the mopar fan something to ponder. just imagine; a new 2012 superbird or daytona...

http://detnews.com/article/20111030/AUTO01/110300304
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Heard rumors that a complete 2nd generation Charger is in the workings if not already public...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

dreamcatcher

I love the ford camp!They brought back the mustang style that really started cars being cool again....now waiting for a charger with just two doors!  :drool5: :drool5:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

wingcarenvy

Those are cheap chinese junk from Dynacorn. Same guys who make the Camaros and Chevelles.

maxwellwedge

"Those who buy a shell can choose to buy new a powertrain, suspension and brakes, electrical systems, interior and trim — or transfer original parts from another car."   Hmmmmmmm   sounds legal    :rotz:

Aero426

Quote from: wingcarenvy on October 31, 2011, 04:40:55 PM
Those are cheap chinese junk from Dynacorn. Same guys who make the Camaros and Chevelles.

At $15k, I wouldn't call them "cheap".   But yeah, Ford isn't bringing anything back.   They have licensed an aftermarket manufacturer to do so.  

Troy

Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 31, 2011, 04:47:59 PM
"Those who buy a shell can choose to buy new a powertrain, suspension and brakes, electrical systems, interior and trim — or transfer original parts from another car."   Hmmmmmmm   sounds legal    :rotz:

It didn't say numbers, it said "parts". With the cost of those shells you better have a donor or a fat wallet. Even though it is probably possible to build a Mustang with all new parts it would be expensive (and Mustang parts are cheap!).

In some states you can actually transfer the numbers to a "replacement" part (including a unibody). You generally need to document it and many people don't - which is where the legality comes into question.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

wingcarenvy

Quote from: Aero426 on October 31, 2011, 04:49:18 PM

At $15k, I wouldn't call them "cheap".   But yeah, Ford isn't bringing anything back.   They have licensed an aftermarket manufacturer to do so.  

I meant cheap quality not price. Ford has licensed Dynacorn to reproduce them, pretty much nothing to do with ford.
http://www.dynacornclassicbodies.com/ford_models2.html

pettybird

we have a Dynacorn '69 Camaro convertible shell that just arrived at work.  Kinda cool to see a brand new old car!

building it from scratch would be stupid expensive, so we're looking for a parts car.  there are just so many small parts that go into making a car function...think of all the stuff in the doors alone...

dreamcatcher

Lets face it...even cheap parts are better than scraping together old rusted out parts.I used their quarter skins on a stang.They fit pretty good and there are no good OEM parts out there.I would do it again.  :scratchchin:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

rainbow4jd

Not true.

It's a better stamping and better grade steel (with better welds for rigidity) - than the original Mustang Stamping

Steve Vance
Ford Motor Co

Golden-Arm

well, he's certainly not going to say "we found the cheapest vendor on the planet, that could deliver a body that would arrive, still intact"..... :icon_smile_big:

68RRFlyer

Sort of prevents hiring a guy like me to repair this:
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

68RRFlyer

....and adding just about the entire parts catalog including: inner rockers, outer cowl panels, firewall patches, front frame rails and extensions, torque boxes, a one piece floor pan, toe pans, seat pans, risers, inner fenders, forward outer rockers, all braces, and I haven't even got to the back of the car yet!!!!  And that area needs frames, wheel houses, etc, etc. 

Cheers :cheers:
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1949 Chevy 3100

68RRFlyer

Inside.  And the funny thing is?  All of this metal is less than $5K for just about everything.  Try THAT on one of our Chargers!  Another reason you see so many Mustangs.

Cheers
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1949 Chevy 3100