News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check it out, they have car graveyards across the pond too.

Started by Finn, October 31, 2011, 02:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/car-graveyard-2011-10-29

I found the photos pretty cool, never really thought about seeing something like this over there.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Aero426

Both of those look like they were staged for the photos.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Topher

:scope: Hmmm.....doesn't look staged to me. It doesn't look like they're used as salvage yards like over here.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Chatt69chgr

Looks like their junkyards are located in woods just like ours are.

A383Wing

Bob T

Quote from: A383Wing on October 31, 2011, 10:19:39 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on October 31, 2011, 07:08:32 PM
"TYRES" ?????

yup...that's how it's spelled over there

And metre and centre  :lol:
Its similar everywhere I guess, old cars just get left outside or in huge sheds until ( maybe) someone does it up or it returns to mother earth.
I was fortunate enough to go through a big shed locally a few months ago with some people from my car club. Incredible. I had heard about it from a few mates that know the owners son 'cause they are all into Fin cars but seeing is truly believing. The guys Dad started collecting them back years ago, they have more , just not in there.

Just the most amazing amount of old 50's cars in this type of condition, and quite a priviledge to be inside and asking questions. And, the guy knows as much as he can about them too , but likely only a few will get restored , most are destined for a sort of museum that he wants to open.
A lot , well most really have heaps of rusty floor pans but some are in remarkable condition.
Even saw a 60 Fury ragtop non ram tho, , Nice guy too and man , lots of really cool stuff.

1st pic is looking south , 2nd pic is looking north from same position. 4 rows deep at one end and lots of stuff not in shot.
Only took a few pics
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

bobs66440

Amazing!

Not sure about the Porsche, but the Jag XK-120 is potentally a six-figure car. Especially if it was raced, which it looks like it has been.

Love to have that sign!

Cooter

You can tell it's a EUropean junkyard by those tyres in the background. They still have tread left. Here, they'd be down in the cords, with wire hangin' out. :lol:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TiMopar

Love those 50's Mopars, I can see a couple of 59 Dodge 2-doors there, one of my dream cars....

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Aero426 on October 31, 2011, 04:53:19 PM

If you read through the captions under all the photos I would say that they are staged that way....

QuoteThe last time he drove it was 20 years ago. And he won't be piloting it again any time soon. He wanted it looking as knackered as possible - to make the paint degenerate quicker he brushed it with yoghurt. It helped speeding up the bacterial process of mould. Yummy.

Still hate to see this kind of stuff but alas, they are his cars and he can do what he pleases.  :shruggy:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bakerhillpins

QuoteWhile most of the cars were bought in a sorry state, there is an exception. Next to a pretty fair looking Volkswagen, complete with all its Karmann-badges, there's a Buick Special. An American student had painstakingly restored it to an excellent standard. Fröhlich bought it, parked it and watched it rot.

:brickwall: :brickwall:

:'(
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Aero426

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 01, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Still hate to see this kind of stuff but alas, they are his cars and he can do what he pleases.  :shruggy:

Yes, the outdoor setting is just the way he chooses to "display" his collection.   Lots of shock value for the camera.     When you look at the photo of the Jag, the Goodyear sign is posed "just right" for the photo.   Oh, and lets be sure we leave some of the doors open too.     To me, it looks something like a scale diorama that a model builder would fabricate, but this is in full scale.   No doubt it's real, but it's planned to look the way it does.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Tilar

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 01, 2011, 08:11:34 AM
Quote from: Aero426 on October 31, 2011, 04:53:19 PM

If you read through the captions under all the photos I would say that they are staged that way....

I'd say you were right...

QuoteIt is a collection of 50 cars from 1950 - his year of birth - that have been parked in his estate's garden as if it was an old style scrap yard. Fröhlich calls it his Auto Skulpturenpark - Car Sculpture Park.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mysil bergsprekken

69 charger RT