News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEMI for my new Daytona - Got a Q

Started by Daytona Guy, October 18, 2011, 09:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I can get a 2004  472 HEMI for 10K - is that an OK year and price? Still in crate from MP.

Dane

Ghoste

I'd jump all over it but Im sure there will be others who say no.  I would still have it checked over but I think it sounds like a deal.

Daytona Guy

Pop the caps and mic it? check torgue specs?

Cam - is this the same cam as in the 2011 472's?
301° Hydraulic Camshaft (248° duration @ .050") - 0.582"/0.563" Lift

What is the difference between this 472 and the 426? Stroke, or bore, or both? Is a 472 a siamese bore?

hemi68charger

Man, sounds like a good price. But what are the concerns of a motor that's been sitting for 8 years and hasn't been turned over or anything. If I kept my current Daytona, I would love to put a hemi in it.... After all, the 440 that's in it isn't the original one... :)  I'd get some "HEMI" badges, fill them with apoxy and a magnet then slap them (figuratively of course) on the doors..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gtx6970

very good price, But like mentioned, open it up and ck clearences .
prelube it with valve covers off and rotate it by hand  and ck to see it gets oil everwhere like it should.
set it in the car and drive

pettybird

those had potential valvetrain issues--find posts about that.  Even with new rockers, shafts and cam/lifters it's a good deal.  That 472 is one of the best motors I've ever driven, and I've driven a LOT of muscle cars.