News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1966 Dodge charger hadlight problem

Started by charg123, October 26, 2011, 08:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charg123

Hello I have just finished restoring my 1966 dodge charger I rewired the whole car except for the dash because the wiring there was good. the problem i have is after finishing the car up I have no headlights taillights dash lights i do have turn signals.All of these did work befire the car was stripped for restore. My thought is that i poassibly have something wired wrong on the instrument panel. my question is does anyone know if the instrument panel wires have anything to do with the lights?? Thanks in advance for your help..

Dino

Quote from: charg123 on October 26, 2011, 08:28:24 AM
Hello I have just finished restoring my 1966 dodge charger I rewired the whole car except for the dash because the wiring there was good. the problem i have is after finishing the car up I have no headlights taillights dash lights i do have turn signals.All of these did work befire the car was stripped for restore. My thought is that i poassibly have something wired wrong on the instrument panel. my question is does anyone know if the instrument panel wires have anything to do with the lights?? Thanks in advance for your help..

If it's the same as a 2nd gen the power goes to the foot switch before it goes ot the dash.  Check that switch before anything else.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

charg123

yes i have the manual for the car which does have the wiring diagrams. I know after i put the motor back in the car i had to hook the hotwire up to the instrument cluster before the car would start which makes me wonder if there is something on the cluster that powers the lights.

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

vancamp

Dash lights on a 66 are electroluminescent they have power/coil paks on the passenger rire wall. as for the headlights and taillights  :shruggy: