News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speakers used with AM/FM

Started by 66FBCharger, October 12, 2011, 11:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

How many speakers were used when you ordered the AM FM radio (not sure if it is stereo) for a Charger in 1969? Where were the speakers located?
I know when you got the AM 8 track you got the 3 speaker dash. Did they do the same for the AM FM?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

bakerhillpins

My 69 came with AM/FM (R21) and as far as I can tell just the rear speakers (R31). I can't even find the option for more speakers in the dash on my broadcast sheet.  :shruggy: But then again I have overlooked codes on the sheet in the past.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

[edit]

Both of these are listed as MONO on the Galen sheet.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

moparstuart

my 69 charger is also coded for AM/FM and just has  the standard single center speaker dash and normal rear speakers

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

66FBCharger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on October 12, 2011, 02:04:58 PM
My 69 came with AM/FM (R21) and as far as I can tell just the rear speakers (R31). I can't even find the option for more speakers in the dash on my broadcast sheet.  :shruggy: But then again I have overlooked codes on the sheet in the past.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

[edit]

Both of these are listed as MONO on the Galen sheet.

Quote from: moparstuart on October 12, 2011, 02:27:18 PM
my 69 charger is also coded for AM/FM and just has  the standard single center speaker dash and normal rear speakers

Did your cars come with one rear speaker or two rear speakers?
My car is coded R11 and R31. It has a fader knob and a single speaker in the rear as well as the standard dash speaker. Could you get two rear speakers in the rear on these cars? If so, what was the sales code?

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

saltdog

Mine came with one in the front and one in the rear but it also has rear defogger.Fader knob on the dash.
1969  Charger (383)
2006 Ram3500 (diesel)