News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many here have a Charger and what shape is it in?

Started by Dino, October 06, 2011, 01:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What shape is your Charger in?

Mint
22 (22.7%)
Reliable driver
40 (41.2%)
Not so reliable driver
9 (9.3%)
Beware of rolling deathtrap!
1 (1%)
Not going anywhere
25 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 97

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dodgedarren

Quote from: Slowpoke on October 06, 2011, 09:16:05 PM
1968 r/t owned since 1979.
running (if I get the fuel line back on) but haven't driven for the last four years.

Hey, fuel line is no biggy. Let me know if you have any questions.

solids0be

Dents dotted along the entire drivers side..cracked side markers.. and a crappy Accel dizzy thats always causing issues. My last drive she was running great zipping down the highway and side streets. I got home and turned into my driveway...Stalled... started back up put in gear...stalled...I know its that damn Ignition module again. Im gonna change the plugs again this weekend because they were looking rough after my last starting issue hopefully thats all it is, if not im buying a MSD 6Al as a early Bday gift to myself...yay more re-wiring! ::)

FC7 V code

70 RT/SE V code, Looks real good, it was rebuilt/restored back in the mid 80's. I got busy with other things and it sat in the garage for the last 10 years  :'( Dug it out last fall, started it up and guess what? no oil pressure. Pulled the pan and changed the oil pump last fall...still 0 oil pressure :brickwall: pulled the motor this summer and now its off to the shop...trying to figure out just what is going on. So I voted not going anywhere soon. Hopefully by next summer it will be back on the road.
1968 Chrysler 300
1969 Charger
1969 Charger RT/SE
1970 Charger RT/SE
1970 Cuda AAR
1970 Challenger SE
1970 Roadrunner
1982 Trans Am

68RT4ME

My '71 is a nice driver that I can show and take pretty much anywhere. My '69 is still a loooong way out.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

ralley72

Poor. I have 4, none are drivable right now. 1971 Charger 500 383 auto will be next one my fix up list. (2) 1972 Charger SEs, one is a 4 speed, the other parts car. 1973 Charger Rallye 340 4 speed, be awhile before I get to that one. And yes I would sell any of them to help fund the other ones rebuild. My 1973 Road Runner is in the beginning phase of coming back to life. Also, I have a good lead on a 1972 Charger Rallye 340 4 speed car that has been sitting atleast 10 years now, just have talk the owner into selling.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Paul G

My current Charger is a 72. The hide-away head lights are what sealed the deal with this one. It is a small block tire fryer. Very, very nice shape, but not mint. It's modified, a "day 2" car as put by the Moparty At The Strip show. I just swapped in an A518 OD trans. One of the best mods I have done to the car.

Previous to this one I had a matching # 440, 727, A/C, 73 Rally. It was Sweet! But it's gone. Last I heard it went to live in Central America some where.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

shorty442

Our first and only one is a white '67, 383 auto trans.  We bought it with the bodywork and paint done, plus engine rebuilt by an area engine shop.  The guy was having a hassle with '66 vs '67 parts among other things so we got it with the black interior kinda thrown in, non drive-able, old tires, and no exhaust.  It was a column shift 318 car originally so it's definitely going to be a "driver" category.  Have been accumulating parts ever since and moved it here during retirement a couple years back.

Always had been mostly GM A body previously but got this "for the wife" in honor of her family's Mopar heritage.  Her dad was in mgt at Chrysler and the kids always had a new muscle car to use when a senior in high school.  They had RR's, Bees, hemis, etc.  He even brought a turbine car home for one night when the samples were out among the populace.

Currently I'm reclaiming the garage from all the retirement move "dumping" and selling off the many extra '66 & '67 parts that came with the car.  Then we can finally begin reassembly of the interior, etc.  "One of these days!"

bad_habits

I have 2, a 74 that was a 318 car and is now a fairly customized car with a 440 auto. That car is my driver. My other Charger is a 68 that I have been slowly restoring as time and money allows. Rear frame and trunk are now in, and also installed new floors and inner outer rocker panels. Been working on it for 8 years now, with no end in site, but thats ok, no hurry

1970Moparmann

1970 RT 4 Speed Plum Crazy - owned for 10 years now-

1968 Charger 383 / 4 Speed with air (originally)-

I owned a 69 and another 70 years ago prior to my Plum Crazy.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!