News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Brake Locks

Started by vandie12, August 17, 2011, 06:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artiec1

Quote from: vandie12 on August 17, 2011, 06:59:44 PM
69 Charger drum brakes, new brakes, drums, master cylinder, booster. Brakes have all been bled air seems to be out, adjusted brakes all the way around. Everytime I step on the brakes I have the front passenger side brake lock  up before the other brakes. Need some advice on what the problem could be. 

You have a bad brake line. The rubber part most likely. Change the flexible line from the drum to the hard line and I bet it's ok then.

Good Luck

Musicman

Quote from: artiec1 on September 04, 2011, 01:41:58 PM
You have a bad brake line. The rubber part most likely. Change the flexible line from the drum to the hard line and I bet it's ok then.

Good Luck

I think he found it already...

Quote from: vandie12 on August 22, 2011, 06:39:12 PM
  Thanks everyone for your input, I think I have in narrowed down, will change out the front brake cyl. on the driver side also. Took it off and found a lot of junk, lesson learned just because it looks good on the out side doesnt mean its good on the inside. Will keep all updated as soon as I get the new one installed.  "Bull", I owe you 2 beers. :cheers:

Bigblocktony

the brake line is twisted/clogged/ bent/ or bad//// check both sides..  i would say its the right side thats bad if the left side is locking
if you do the same thing everyday
you get the same results
ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP