News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did not expect this

Started by Skyview69, October 08, 2011, 08:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyview69

I was out driving and started to hear some noise from underneath the car.  :rotz: Made it home and got underneath.  The ujoints were bad so I took them off.  The one in the front was the factory ujoint (as far as I can tell)  :o

Here's a couple pics...When was the last time Detroit made a Ujoint??  I installed some new ones and the noise is gone but I tell you this one I took off is much better quality then the replacements  :rotz:

41husk

many of the new ones, you can't even greese!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

maxwellwedge

Skyview69

Yeah...the ones I bought have some sort of new grease zerk that requires a $20.00 adapter for the regular grease gun...what a bunch of crap that is!!

I still find it hard to belive that the car still had an original ujoint after 42 years

Topher

Should have bought Spicer joints. Even the high dollar parts house joints come from the land of sloppy tolerances-China. I deal with a drive shaft shop that uses only Spicer, and it does make a difference. He told me thai many of the vibration problems brought to him are due to those other joints.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com