News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help with 70 B5 blue interior color tones?

Started by b5blue, February 06, 2010, 09:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Virtually nothing remains of my 70 Chargers original coloring. The question is was the interior slightly two toned? I remember 15 years ago it seemed the dash pad looked a darker shade of B5 and maybe the armrests? Anyway having never seen a restored (or original) all B5 Charger in person can anyone help me sort out what I am looking for? Is there a source for paint to correct the dash pad and armrests and other vinyl/plastic trim to whatever is correct? I have some parts that I painted black with "for vinyl" paint over the years and some parts like sun visors that are B5 but need refreshing of color. The car is a daily driver so durability and touch-up would be concerns. I'm leery of restoring the bucket seats as all the foam, burlap, wire webbing inside and plastic parts will cost quite a bit to replace properly before recovering only to get trashed in daily use. The idea is to get new aftermarket and color them to match and store my originals for later use.     

nigeltufnel

Resurrecting an old topic, but I'm going through the same issue with my '70 R/T SE Charger (which is coded for B5 interior and B5 door frames).  When I bought the car some parts were missing and/or incorrectly dyed.  Here is what I know and don't know.  Let me know if anything is incorrect or have any input on the unsure/unknown stuff.

Dash frame and steering column are baltic blue suede (dark blue along the lines of B7)
Carpet was a "medium blue" which as far as I can tell is a light/bright blue

Dark blue - along the lines of B7
Dash pad (Not certain about this as mine is not original and was dyed, but haven't seen any Chargers with bright blue pads)
A-pillar posts
kick panels
Plastic dash trim (glove box door, steering trim and center dash trim)
Console

Bright blue (B5)
Seats
Upper and lower door panels
Door jam trim
Visors (mine may have been dyed by previous owner, need to clean them up and take a closer look)

Unsure/unknown
I believe the arm pads were bright blue, although I've seen pics with dark blue or bright blue arm pads
Unsure on my seat belts - appear to be between B5 and B7, although I don't know if they are original and they are fairly dirty
Headliner and associated trim – missing so I don't know if this should be a light, medium or dark blue
Package tray – appears to be a medium blue, between B5 and B7 (dirt/age may be playing a factor here)

b5blue

Thanks I'm in the same boat as you. Sorting out what was is tricky, I have a newer topic with good input you should look at in interiors.   :2thumbs:

Rolling_Thunder

I'm starting to deal with this stuff too...     I am planning on a Blue interior for my 69 Road Runner...      just need to figure out what color what is...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip