News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New here and some carb questions

Started by Schlabuster, August 15, 2011, 05:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schlabuster

Hi folks
At first something about me, please excuse me about my not so perfekt english.
I am from Germany and own a 73 Charger with a 440 in it. I bought the car in 1990 from the us embassy in Prague, the last years i put many new parts in it.
Now i want to change my carb, the last time there was a 625cfm carter sitting on the 440. Now I had a 870 Holley street avenger from a friend to test it.
The first thing i do was to change the jets (original there was 78/82 in it) now i changed to 74/80 but i am still thinking this carb is to big for my engine.
I had 10:1 compression, dual plane intake, bowl ported heads, tti headers and exhaust, 8 1/4 rear with 3,23 gear and  a powertrax no-slip differential.
Is there a chance to modify or adjust the 870 so that he work fine on my setup? Or what carb will be the best choice for my car?
I think there some guys here who had some experience in carb questions. :scratchchin:

greetings from Germany
my wife? Yes
my Dog? maybe
my Charger? forget it

Chryco Psycho

I would use an 850 Proform carb
the 870 is tunable & definatly not too big for a 440
start with the basics here http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=822.0