News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I Alabama a title state?

Started by troy.70R/T, August 12, 2011, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

Does anyone know if Alabama is a title state? I am looking at buying a 70 Charger from Alabama and the guy told me that Cars did not have titles in Alabama until 75. It is currently registered in his name and he is driving it but only has an Alabama registration for it? If this is true anyone know how I get a title for it? I live in Missouri.

Tilar

I'm not sure about Alabama but there are a number of states like that. New York doesn't title anything older than I think 75. I have a 68 Polara that all I needed was a bill of sale.  I don't know if Georgia does titles at all. You can call your local department of motor vehicles or whatever they call it there and they can tell you what you need from any paticular state.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jaak

Its true what he is telling you, Alabama will not issue a title for '74 and older vehicles. In Alabama you can register a '74 & earlier vehicle with a bill of sale only. A guy from TN was gonna buy my Charger, he checked with there DMV and I think all he needed was a copy of my current AL registration and a notorized Bill of Sale, to get a title in TN.

Jason

Brock Lee

On Maine it is no titles on cars older than 20 years. They absolutely will not provide one. States that require titles know all about these states and have exceptions in place for them. All they require is a VIN check by the police department.

moparstuart

Quote from: jaak on August 12, 2011, 07:54:52 PM
Its true what he is telling you, Alabama will not issue a title for '74 and older vehicles. In Alabama you can register a '74 & earlier vehicle with a bill of sale only. A guy from TN was gonna buy my Charger, he checked with there DMV and I think all he needed was a copy of my current AL registration and a notorized Bill of Sale, to get a title in TN.

Jason
I titled my 70 convertible (bnirdible) in missouri and it came from new york with just a registration card , call the DMV but i had no problem at all just had to get it inspected or an ID OD to get a title .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

troy.70R/T

elacruze

I bought my Charger in Alabama in 1980. There were no titles at that time, you only needed a receipt from the seller and the receipt he got from the previous seller. I titled the car in Michigan, they looked at me a little funny but the title went through with only a phone call to Alabama.

I suppose these days it may be a little more suspect, particularly in Florida where I live now you can't even title a car with an out of state title until an officer inspects the VIN and the title and fills out a confirmation form.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

moparstuart

Quote from: troy.70R/T on August 13, 2011, 02:49:36 PM
What is an ID or OD?
you pay them to look at the car and get a ID # and odometer reading ( but its not a safety inspection , so if your car doesnt run or it wont pass inspection you can still get the car titled .  Any inspection station should also be able to do you and ID / OD   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

troy.70R/T

thnaks I checked on it today and I should be able to get it inspected this next week. and get my title. hope so anyway.

learical1

Alabama last won the title in 2009.  Sorry, I thought we were talking college football. :slap:
Bruce

jaak

Quote from: learical1 on August 16, 2011, 12:55:17 PM
Alabama last won the title in 2009.  Sorry, I thought we were talking college football. :slap:

Best reply on this site. RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jason