News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 rt emblem

Started by myhotrod, August 08, 2011, 10:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myhotrod

what color is the orange-red? on the emblem,im restoring one.

twodko

I had a couple of these same faded emblems off my 69, thankfully none had any pitting. I bought 2 of those little "Testors" brand bottles of model paint. One red and the other black. I lightly scuffed the paint surface with a tiny piece of wet/dry 220 and then repainted them with a small brush. They really turned out even better than "daily driver" quality too. One hint though.... instead of trying to "paint" the emblems I carefully dabbed several drops of paint in the emblem depressions until they were full (not over flowing) and let it "flow" together. The paint turned out looking like baked enamel. Also, don't forget to touch-up the black shadow lines around the emblem edges. Lastly, to avoid fidgeting with these I punched holes in a piece of cardboard matching the pins on the emblems and stuck 'em in. That way they were stable and level. :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Troy

I used a paint pen from Testors on my Six Pack emblems as well. The color was just "Red".

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.