News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just got back from Maine...

Started by BananaDan, August 04, 2011, 12:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

We're on vacation this week.  We drove up to Maine from the South Shore area of Mass. with the in-laws Mon-Wed of this week.  God I love it up there, so beautiful...  Everytime I leave I can't wait to get back.  Oh, sorry for any change in the lobster market prices due to our visit.  We definitely did a number on the lobster population while we were there.

:cheers:

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Richard Cranium

Nice pictures. I hate salt water, but I really love the ME coastline. Hopefully you spent time in Camden.

I was in Harwich, MA this morning & will be in Acton, ME tomorrow afternoon.
I am Dr. Remulac

bakerhillpins

Great set of pics!  Love those light houses.  :yesnod:

We are on our way over to central Maine for a week's vacation this weekend. Should be nice to get away and not have anything to do for a bit. Haven't been there since just before my daughter was born 12 yrs ago. Went to Camden that time. Just the wife and I. Ah, those were the days.  :P
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Magnumcharger

I'm heading back to my house in New Brunswick tomorrow, which is right there next to Maine on the coast.
A very similar vibe...everybody is related.

Heck, my great grandmother was a Smith from "Ba-ha-ba"!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

BananaDan

We stayed at the Island View Inn right between Camden and Rockland. It was awesome. We're in Hanover, MA until Sat when we head home. If the weather holds we're daytrippin' to the cape tomorrow.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Brock Lee

The downeast accent can be tough to understand. I had a fiance from that area. Her father and brother were lobstermen. The more they drank, the worst their accents got and I couldn't understand half of what they said. I felt stupid asking for them to repeat, so I would just roll with it.

hemi68charger

:2thumbs:

Great pictures.. Looks beautiful..............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Richard Cranium

Quote from: Brock Lee on August 04, 2011, 01:48:46 PM
The downeast accent can be tough to understand.

Cajun is 10 times worse.
I am Dr. Remulac

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Quote from: BananaDan on August 04, 2011, 12:39:43 PM
We stayed at the Island View Inn right between Camden and Rockland. It was awesome. We're in Hanover, MA until Sat when we head home. If the weather holds we're daytrippin' to the cape tomorrow.

We were in Hanover for a small car show last night.. I live about 10 minutes from there. The weather's looking good!!!

BTW, amazing pictures. I love it up there!! :cheers:

tan top

:coolgleamA:  nice pictures !  thanks for sharing  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BananaDan

Quote from: jb666 on August 04, 2011, 05:12:26 PM
Quote from: BananaDan on August 04, 2011, 12:39:43 PM

We were in Hanover for a small car show last night.. I live about 10 minutes from there. The weather's looking good!!!

BTW, amazing pictures. I love it up there!! :cheers:

Where are you from JB?  I just asked my father in law about last night and he said "Oh yeah, it was Wednesday night."  :brickwall:  Doh!  If I knew, I totally would've come over to say hi.  Dammit, next time I guess. 

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: Richard Cranium on August 04, 2011, 12:12:01 PM
Nice pictures. I hate salt water, but I really love the ME coastline. Hopefully you spent time in Camden.

Headin ova ta Acton for some action by the love of Christ, yessa! Goin ova ta Wild Willy's to thumpity bump my ass and shake a hoof for a stretch, I tell ya mista man!!

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

Richard Cranium

Quote from: 70 Battle Horse on August 04, 2011, 06:10:27 PM

Headin ova ta Acton for some action by the love of Christ, yessa! Goin ova ta Wild Willy's to thumpity bump my ass and shake a hoof for a stretch, I tell ya mista man!!

My "northern" home is on a lake that straddles NH & ME and we're on the NH side, but I do take the kids to the ice cream stand next to Wild Willy's.
I am Dr. Remulac

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: Richard Cranium on August 04, 2011, 07:03:15 PM
Quote from: 70 Battle Horse on August 04, 2011, 06:10:27 PM

My "northern" home is on a lake that straddles NH & ME and we're on the NH side, but I do take the kids to the ice cream stand next to Wild Willy's.
My buddy Rich and his wife Tracy own the marina on Balch Lake!!

Richard Cranium

Quote from: 70 Battle Horse on August 05, 2011, 07:41:35 PM
My buddy Rich and his wife Tracy own the marina on Balch Lake!!

Is it this place............

I am Dr. Remulac

70 Battle Horse