News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nice lookin' Superbird Clone -HEMI 4spd - Ebay

Started by WINGIN IT, July 18, 2011, 01:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hemigeno on July 20, 2011, 01:58:47 PM

Let's leave the overall discussion about cloning right where it is, and stick with this thread's original topic...

4-speed Hemi 'Bird   :drool5: !!

:2thumbs:

THANK YOU !  :cheers:

dreamcatcher

Quote from: hemigeno on July 20, 2011, 01:58:47 PM

Let's leave the overall discussion about cloning right where it is, and stick with this thread's original topic...

4-speed Hemi 'Bird   :drool5: !!

:2thumbs:

:2thumbs:  And run what you brung!  :cheers:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

BigBlockSam

that's a cool hemi bird . looks like it was done right too .  but f-that

i like that toaster even better . cooks an egg while it makes your toast . now that's cool!  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Patronus

Im pretty much a Daytona fan, but that 'bird is pretty sweet. Love the color, don't think I've seen one with Magnums, I would be proud to drive that one.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

gtx6970

Clones have there place in the hobby and always will have. Clones allow owner individuallity and uniqueness.

Would I own or build one ? probably not - but I don't scorn those that do.

But the only real difference between the 2 is the price of admission. Body men,paint guys, mechanics and parts suppliers make no difference. the price is the same regardless of the vin. To me the one who is going to have the biggest problem with clones is the insurance company

As for the car in question here, with exception to the exhaust choice. I like it

dreamcatcher

Insurance is a big deal for sure.I have over 50K in my car.The insurance company would only insure it for 15K with out a appraisal.And I think even with the appraisal it would be hard to get full value if something happened to it.And it depends on the person doing the appraisal as to what stated value would be.But after everything that happened to mine already I don't really about it.I wanted it I built it and someday (when I have it running right  :hah: ) I will drive it. That might be a good thread to start.How many clones are insured and to what value.  :shruggy:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

moparstuart

Quote from: dreamcatcher on July 21, 2011, 08:41:00 AM
Insurance is a big deal for sure.I have over 50K in my car.The insurance company would only insure it for 15K with out a appraisal.And I think even with the appraisal it would be hard to get full value if something happened to it.And it depends on the person doing the appraisal as to what stated value would be.But after everything that happened to mine already I don't really about it.I wanted it I built it and someday (when I have it running right  :hah: ) I will drive it. That might be a good thread to start.How many clones are insured and to what value.  :shruggy:
55k  agreed value with american classic 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Black Charger

If it weren't for clones, there are radical custom wing cars that simply wouldn't exist. I remember a Pro-Street Daytona that was featured in MCG about 20 years ago. It was tubbed, caged and had a blown 392 HEMI in it. Now, there is no way in hell that anyone in their right mind would ever do that to a REAL Daytona (or any other rare car, for that matter), but for a radical custom such as this, a clone would be PERFECT. I have always been a big fan of "phantom" muscle cars, that is cars that the factory never built (Superbird convertibles are an example). I like them because it gives a look into what might have been, and there is no way that one could be passed off as an original by an unscrupulous seller after the car changes hands a few times.

WINGIN IT

redrider

does anyone know if this is the 440 six pack roadrunner post car that a brand x fan made into a superbird clone because in the description it says it was an original big block car and that it was recently finished any thoughts  :shruggy:

472 R/T SE

WINGIN IT

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 31, 2011, 12:16:01 AM
Relisted with a $149k BIN.  Oh my.  :o

Yeah, where the heck did THAT come from.   :o
A bit overpriced, IMO even if it does have a Heimi