News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fourth generation Chargers

Started by Ghoste, August 01, 2012, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F8-4life

Imo the 4th gen charger would have been better if it followed the '75 coronet/fury line instead of the that cordoba nonsense.

TK73

Quote from: F8-4life on August 01, 2012, 11:18:55 PM
Imo the 4th gen charger would have been better if it followed the '75 coronet/fury line instead of the that cordoba nonsense.

'76 Sport Fury used as Charger:
{don't see many}

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

GOTWING

I like them too ! They have grown on me just like the 75 Road runner, if you have the right color and interior combo,wheels etc. they can look good, especially compared to GM,ford's etc. of that same era. My neighbor has a two tone blue 77 Daytona Charger that has been off the road since around 1987, it has been rusting away in his side yard next to his house ever since :eek2:, he bought it new.  :brickwall: my mother had a 79 300 when we were growing up, my brother got it for his 18th b-day and re did the entire car with a nice stroker, has been 12:54 @ 106mph with A 1.84 60foot. has been to Carlisle,E-town etc. in the late 90's early 2000's it's been in storage now since 03 :shruggy:

Lizey

They sort of did, the Charger "Sport" had the same front clip as a Coronet

Quote from: F8-4life on August 01, 2012, 11:18:55 PM

1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

F8-4life

Didn'y know that, I guess I got a "charger" station wagon! Haha

bill440rt

The Charger is a car whose style & purpose has morphed over evolvement of time. Luxo-disco barges were in at the time, the Charger rolled along with it. It was no longer considered a performance model, but a mid-size luxury car. It was essentially a down-scaled Cordoba.
I used to cruise in a '77 Charger. It was a nice riding, comfy car. I neither love them nor despise them, but I think they are interesting. There were some good looking ones.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce