News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carpet dimmer switch plastic grommet

Started by BananaDan, June 13, 2011, 07:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Did anyone happen to notice the article in the latest Mopar Collector's Guide issue that says these never came from the factory originally?  They said there should be just a sloppyish cut hole in the carpet for the switch and they had a few survivor pics to go with the article.  Personally, I have one on my car and I like it.

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bobs66440

A383Wing

yea...I read that a while ago....I think I put the plastic thingy on 2 out of the 3 Chargers we got here.....

Ghoste

The article is correct though, the grommet isn't a Mopar thing.

Nacho-RT74

My car had it from factory ( I personally removed the original carpet )... wasn't plastic though, really rubber. Dunno if a Local Chrysler assembly plant thing
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

FLG

I hate it! Am i the only one that has to mash there foot through the floor to turn on the hi's? When i had the carpet out it worked great, carpet in...kept hanging up on the switch.

bobs66440

Quote from: FLG on June 14, 2011, 02:32:53 AM
I hate it! Am i the only one that has to mash there foot through the floor to turn on the hi's? When i had the carpet out it worked great, carpet in...kept hanging up on the switch.
Check that the carpet isn't caught under the swich.

resq302

Quote from: FLG on June 14, 2011, 02:32:53 AM

Frank, sounds like your hole needs to be bigger.   :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

I run one too....mostly because I F'd up cutting the hole in the first place....  I also hide my boo boo with a chrome "Foot" pedal ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on June 13, 2011, 08:08:28 PM
The article is correct though, the grommet isn't a Mopar thing.

:iagree:   Certainly not an A, E or B-Body thing from 69-71 anyway.