News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

somebody is going to be very mad when they get these home...

Started by RD, January 10, 2006, 05:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

not promoting, just showing the obvious.  someone out there thinks these are for a 70 cuda, but actually they came off of a cordoba/magnum/charger.  I could be mistaken, but the passenger side remote mirror option was not available until 1975/76 year. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/71-72-73-74-75-76-MOPAR-REMOTE-MIRRORS-CUDA-CHARGER_W0QQitemZ4602953662QQcategoryZ34204QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

ramit

I would swear my 74 Cuda had a remote mirror, but I could be wrong. ???

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

3861327 R RACING DOOR MIRROR 1975-79 R,W,X,S

3861371 L CHROME RACING MIRROR,PU 1975 X,S,R,W

I'd be doing my homework if I were buying parts off of e-bay.

6pkrunner

Quote from: Shakey on January 10, 2006, 06:44:49 PM

I'd be doing my homework if I were buying parts off of e-bay.

-that is the golden rule for everything on eGouge. Never trust the seller's desription. Either through jonest lack of knowledge or intentional fraud it is up to the buyer to know what he/she is looking at. Sometimes through the seller's lack of knowledge you can get a deal, other times the deck is stacked against the buyer. P.T. Barnum was a wise guy. ;D

twilt

absolute stupidity on someones part. the bases should be a dead giveaway. i usually find and sell a pair of them on ebay 4-5 times a year. i put a $55 BIN price on them for a pair. whether intentional or not, these are  fairly commonly misidentified items on ebay . funny thing is that when i have emailed sellers and told them the correct application, they have ignored the info.......... :o :o lots of sellers misidentify 3rd gen mirrors too, listing them as 71-74 when 71-2 and 73-4 are distinctly different and also significantly differ in value.   

WM23N1

Looks like the seller covered his a$$ when he said he wasnt sure what they were for.
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

'CUDA360

I have a nice set of chrome ones. I'm gonna use them on the next street car 'cause they're pretty cool.

But I should just sell them on E-splay and pretend I don't know they came off my '75 doba  :devil:

'CUDA360

WM23N1

1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

TK73

Do you mean "passenger" remote as a '75 option?  I have the driver remote in my '73...

Aren't the base angles on those wrong to mount on earlier ( <74 ) doors?
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

5.9_Liter_Grand_Cherokee

Quote3861327 R RACING DOOR MIRROR 1975-79 R,W,X,S

3861371 L CHROME RACING MIRROR,PU 1975 X,S,R,W

Had the same mirrors from the factory on my 77 Charger/doba

Formerly chargerdaytona477

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: TK73 on January 10, 2006, 11:46:52 PM
Do you mean "passenger" remote as a '75 option? I have the driver remote in my '73...

Aren't the base angles on those wrong to mount on earlier ( <74 ) doors?

1-Yes

2-I don't think so. If we think that standart mirrors were the same angle to 75 and later Coronets/Monacos and they use the same ones than 74 and earliers becasue IN FACT 75 and laters Coronets/Monacos use the same doors than 74 Coronets and maybe earliers....

...and if we think that those standart mirrors were the same shape to Coronets and Chargers with just screw holes differences along the years as stated by Twilt ( and also pedestal itself shape but not angle )...

...and Coronet/Monacos ( included earliers 70s ) deluxe ones used the round chrome remote mirrors, same as some 75 and laters Cordobas/Chargers with remote mirror option but no the racing ones...

...we could conclude that if slope on door is the same on all these cars becsue the several mirrors they shared, then the Racing Cordobas/Magnums mirrors can be bolted on 3rd gen Chargers and E bodies without problem on angle, just redrilling holes to studs, and drilling the holes to wires on door, Jam and underdash to fit the joystick ;)

Can I be right ?

when I say Monacos, I make reference to the B bodies Monacos
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

'CUDA360

It looks to me that the base on the late model B-mirror is kicked out a bit more then the E.  So the top of the mirror looks a little over angled. Not alot though. Maybe a shim or two on the bottom of the base would straighten it out

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 360cuda on January 11, 2006, 03:40:36 PM
It looks to me that the base on the late model B-mirror is kicked out a bit more then the E. So the top of the mirror looks a little over angled. Not alot though. Maybe a shim or two on the bottom of the base would straighten it out

It looks my explanation wasn't clear enough.

If we think E bodies mirrors are the same that 71-74  B bodies mirrors.

...and all Cars explained above shared allong the years the same mirrors...

... the we have as conclussion... ;)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

694spdRT

Both mirrors are missing off of my '72 Challenger so I picked up a set of dual remote painted racing mirrors off of a Aspen R/T. I put them up against the door and they look like they will work fine. I did not bolt them in but, any slight adjustment that might be needed should not pose a problem. They may be a little different than stock but, I like the dual remote option and it is just going to be a driver anyway. 
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

RD

i emailed the leading bidder and told him the truth.  he is a egag newbie so I showed him how to retract his bid if need be (after he asked what his options were).  well, his leading bid is still up there as this is typed.  he said he was putting it on a cuda and thought they would be correct.  i told him he was mistaken and explained why.  5 bux says he does not listen, especially when I told him he could find those mirrors in any junkyard for 40 bux.  oh well.  :eyes: :eyes:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

twilt

Quote from: RD on January 12, 2006, 12:19:22 AM
i emailed the leading bidder and told him the truth.  he is a egag newbie so I showed him how to retract his bid if need be (after he asked what his options were).  well, his leading bid is still up there as this is typed.  he said he was putting it on a cuda and thought they would be correct.  i told him he was mistaken and explained why.  5 bux says he does not listen, especially when I told him he could find those mirrors in any junkyard for 40 bux.  oh well.  :eyes: :eyes:

some people just cant be helped. I once had someone win a auction of mine for a set of 4 USED 72-74 sidemarkers. Their winning bid wasll in excess of $75. Of course, those same sidemarkers are still available from the dealer brand new for less $50.  I couldnt find it in myself to accept
full payment. I told him to pay half of his winning bid plus shipping and i would be fine with the transaction.