News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear-end, Moser vs Strange

Started by RamZCharger, June 03, 2011, 02:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamZCharger

Gents, I'm looking to replace my rear-end with either a Moser or Strange Dana 60, on a 68 Charger.  I'll be using a keisler 5-speed, and a 6.1 G3 Hemi.  Discs all around, leaning toward Wilwood.  I have searched the message boards and on-line, but have not been able to find a discussion really comparing the two.  I have come across several posts regarding rear whine, and the Strange brand comes up more so there - with suspect customer service.  I have also seen that Dr. Diff comes highly recommended, who seems to prefer Strange - but his web site is dated.  Also if there are any strong opinions on the posi I'm all ears.  Appreciate any comments, pro and cons, and general advice.  Thanks   :cheers:

69rtse4spd

I have dealt with Mike at Moser, very nice guy always helpful.  Give him a call, always had good customer service.  :2thumbs:.

John_Kunkel

Does the Moser have the carrier bearing adjusters like the Strange? Probably not much of an issue unless you plan to change ratios later on.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Chatt69chgr

RamZCharger

Thanks guys, can anyone share any experiences with either Moser or Strange rear-ends that whine?  And what you did about it?

RamZCharger

elacruze

My long-term but small experience says that Moser is a little more street-oriented than Strange, and easier to access (read that as customer service) Both have great product.

If I was building an axle from scratch, I'd use an Eaton Tru-Trac for a posi unit. Smooth and never noticeable, strong and locks up hard as necessary. I have one in the front D60 on my pickup, and it's flawless while steering or mudding.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Chatt69chgr

Strange customer service is pretty bad.  But they have a excellent product.  Solution is to order through Dr. Diff.  Google him up on the web.  He can get you a better price than you can get through Strange yourself and he will patiently answer all your questions. 

FLG

I agree, Cass (dr.diff) is great to deal with, happily answers any questions both him and his wife are great people  :2thumbs:

six-tee-nine

I was going to say the same.

I'm looking to buy a new S60 myself and I heard nothing but good things about dr. Diff in generell, so I'm planning on buying trough him.
And smaller companies with an outdated website are'nt always a bad thing. It means they are in their workshop alot to make sure the customers are happy instead of sitting on their a** behind their computer.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

RamZCharger

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.   :cheers:

HPP