News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

power window help!!

Started by mpdlawdog, June 03, 2011, 07:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpdlawdog

I have a 68 charger with power windows....i thought it was a cool somewhat rare option at first but now its a total pain in the azz.   Anyway, the windows (except the drivers side) all went up and down...I got a new window motor for the drivers side and installed it today.....now none of the windows work....I cleaned the post and 'thing' it plugs into....i put a tester on the wires...all are getting power and work according to the light.....after futher investigation....when I hit switch for the drivers side all the other switches get power  :shruggy:....I tired (on the drivers side) the old window motor and the new passenger side window motor and it will not turn either..I did notice the main brown wire that feeds the box (I think this is right) is loose in its connection but even if I wiggle it, it doesn't help...any ideas?  
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-