News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

electric punp / tank question

Started by christianlarsen, June 10, 2012, 12:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christianlarsen

im planning to make a larger connection to my tank, because im fitting an eletric pump and need something larger and threaded to connect to the tank. My engine size is 511 and i plan to use a 6 psi pump.

Are there any concerns with a new connector in the tank with regard to fuel starvation during acceleration ? Any optimal place to fit it or something else I should be aware/concerned about ?

Chryco Psycho

you can install a stock sender with 3/8" line or are you planning to go to 1/2" , it should reach to the bottom & closer to the rear of the tank , you could enlarge the hole through the stock sender & install a 1/2 line sealed to the mounting plate , probably the easiest way to seal the fuel tank

MSRacing89

You can fit a lower sump onto your tank and solve most of your issues.  Plug off the the stock sending unit and just use it for the fuel gauge. 
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

c00nhunterjoe

I agree with the sump. If you are going to all that work to modify the fuel delivery, might as well

christianlarsen

Thanx again for the help guys!. Im going for the sump solution eventhough it takes a little longer to make...
Very nice tank u got there MSRacing89 !! 
Hope u cant smell my envy across the ocean  :laugh: