News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bronze tipped fuel pump push rod question

Started by troy.70R/T, May 23, 2011, 07:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I just bought a new Bronze tipped fuel pump push rod for my 440. My question is this. I assume that the bronze tipped end is the one that camshaft rides on???????

Brightyellow69rtse

i would think so. cams a little more critical/valuable than the fuel pump.

Al

make sur they are made of hardened steel, if not,  you may find your oil pan full of metal particles and a shortened fuel pump pushrod i.e no fuel for the carb
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

FLG

Do you have a roller cam?

Usually brass tipped rods are used on roller cams, though id assume they work for hydraulic as well. And as far as i know the brass side goes on the cam.

troy.70R/T

firefighter3931

The brass end definately goes on the cam. Those brass tipped rods are primarily for use with billet steel roller cams but will work fine with a cast flat tappet bumpstick.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

troy.70R/T