News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kids bedtimes

Started by 66FBCharger, May 12, 2011, 11:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

I am curious what (if any) bedtimes you use for your kids. For my kids, my 14 year old boy has a bedtime of 9 on a school night ,10 on a non school night. My 12 year old girl has bed times of 8:30 on a school night and 9 on non school nights.
The kids have these times on a school night because they can't get up in the morning. They have to get up at 5:45 to go on the school bus with my wife.
I am curious because a girl my son is talking to said it was cute that he still had a bedtime. Do more teenagers have no bedtime than I think?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

HANDM

My 11 yo son puts himself to bed at ten and watches TV till eleven, my 16 yo daughter watches TV with the wife till midnight, gets herself up and off to school in the morning then comes home promptly at 2:30 and takes a nap

I never really enforced the bedtime except when they were little and we needed a break.

skip68

My son is almost 15 and on school nights his bedtime is 10 pm.  Our daughter is 8 and her bedtime is 8pm school nights and 9 on weekends.  Our son is up til 11 or so on weekends.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Old Moparz

My daughter will be 12 in a couple of weeks. On school nights we try to make sure she's in bed by 9:30 PM so she can get up by 6:30 AM. On the non-school nights, 10:30 PM is about the cut off point. Everything is flexible though with lots of things going on all the time. She has a piano lesson once a week, softball games about twice a week, jazz band & orchestra practice for bass & cello, & also homework. The last few weeks she's been practicing bass with her friends on whatever days they can for their rock band that has their first concert at her school this Friday night.  :o

At least she isn't watching the TV.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

41husk

The kids in my class are between 15-18 and none of them have a bed time and most are still outside after 11pm if the weather is nice.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

Jeez i cant even stay up past 10:30!   :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 12, 2011, 02:15:27 PM

Can't hold your liquor either, I bet.  :nana:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Richard Cranium

Quote from: 66FBCharger on May 12, 2011, 11:59:42 AM
I am curious what (if any) bedtimes you use for your kids. For my kids, my 14 year old boy has a bedtime of 9 on a school night ,10 on a non school night. My 12 year old girl has bed times of 8:30 on a school night and 9 on non school nights.
The kids have these times on a school night because they can't get up in the morning. They have to get up at 5:45 to go on the school bus with my wife.
I am curious because a girl my son is talking to said it was cute that he still had a bedtime. Do more teenagers have no bedtime than I think?

Sounds reasonable to me.
I am Dr. Remulac

ITSA426

We're guardians of a 16 year old niece.  She doesn't really have a bed time but she has to give up the cell phone and other electronics at 9 on school night and 10 on weekends and non-school nights.  She pretty much goes to bed then.  Sometimes she reads, but her homework is always done and she is pretty responsible.  She gets herself up for school at 5:50 and as long as she is able to do that we let her decide.

A383Wing

10:00PM is my limit....and that's pushing it...

(and I don't drink either.....maybe that's my problem)

all our kids are grown & gone.....they can stay up as long as they want now

Hissing Cobra

My daughters have to get up by 6:00 am on Monday through Friday so they definitely have bed times. My 16 year old Sophmore is in bed by 10:00 pm and my 12 year old 7th grader is in bed by 9:00 pm. I don't want either one of them falling asleep in class! Just like my wife and I, they have a job. That job is to excel in school and that's it. Outside forces be damned! It's working so far, as they're both on the honor roll (my oldest is in all High Honors classes as well), play softball and participate on the cheerleading squads. We don't have too many problems with our daughters like a lot of other people in town do with their kids. The amount of drugs, drinking, skipping school, etc... is mind numbing.
1969 Dodge Charger 318/automatic - Gone and sorely missed.

1979 Mustang Cobra
Street, Strip, Show
306/T-5/4.30's
12.38 @ 111
August 2005 Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine Feature Car
April 2007 Modified Mustangs Magazine Feature Car

1989 Mustang LX
Stock Daily Driver
302/T-5/3.73's
14.66 @ 96

ITSA426

Cobra's right,  The big thing is to be involved, even if they say they don't want you to.  When niece brings home a good report card she pretends it's no big deal, but she loves the positive attention.  Her main job is also high school student.

TruckDriver

9 or 10 pm on school nights, midnight on non school nights.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Just 6T9 CHGR

My girls have more hectic schedules than I ever had in my life!  My 13yo is usually in bed by 10 on school nights....my 16yo usually 11ish depending on her workload.  They both dance and are in honors classes and get waaay more homework than I can ever remember.  My eldest is a sophomore and takes AP college classes already.  Thankfully the wife is the one with the brains & stays on top of them & helps with their homework if need be.
On weekends they are free to stay up as late as they want....a reward for their hard work during the week & hopefully getting scholarships to college!! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 12, 2011, 02:17:21 PM

Can't hold your liquor either, I bet.  :nana:

You're right Bob, I can hold it for a little while, then it comes out the other end.  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Manfred318

When I was a kid say up until I was around 11 or 12 my bed time was around 10PM. Once I got older especially in high school I didnt usually go to bed until about 1 or 2AM and was up around 6:30 every morning.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Rubberduck

My 14 years old son goes to bed at 9.00 and gets up at 6.20.
My 10 years old daughter goes to bed at 8.30 and gets up at 6.45.
They both never complain, because they know it´s hard to get up in the morning.

Mario
´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

bill440rt

My wife (who is a schoolteacher) & I are firm believers in bedtimes. If we go out for a night, we are appalled to see small children out sometimes at a restaurant past 10:00 or later. Times have changed for sure.

Our oldest is in kindergarten, so his bedtime is usually 8:00-8:30 or so. He also has soccer 3x a week & karate 3x a week, sometimes they are doubled up on the same day.
The little one is only 2, so he's in bed by 7:30.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

elacruze

Our kid is 22 now, and never had an imposed bedtime.

That was a mistake, and I argued that it would be since she was 13. Her mother agrees, now that it's too late to change.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.