News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

E brake problem

Started by ChargerST, August 16, 2011, 04:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerST

Here's the deal: the emergency brake on my 70 pulls uneven. When I apply the brake the drivers side will engage fully but the passenger side is off by 70% (have printout from the inspection station).
Brake equalizer looks normal (vertical position when brakes are not set). Rear brakes work fine - passenger side even works a bit better than drivers side so pads are not the problem.
I assume that the cable is not broken (otherwise there would be no brake on the passenger side at all) - so what could be the problem?

terrible one

Maybe start by adjusting the shoes out on the passenger side and see if that helps.

bobs66440

The cable may be binding. If the mechanism in the drum is working freely, then it must be the cable or you need to adjust the bias to that side a little more. The passenger side cable is longer so there's more stretch and therefore more play. Adjust the shoes up properly as mentioned then go from there.