News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

heater

Started by el dub, May 09, 2011, 09:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

Where do you folks find the thin sheet foam that goes inside the heater box in different areas. Also there is some kind of gasket material that is kind of white looking, sort of like plumbers putty. What is this stuff, asbestos? Thanks.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

twodko

Contact Detriot Muscle Technologies for a gasket set.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

el dub

I've seen that site. I'm just looking for a source of the foam. I'm wondering if the foam I get with packages will work.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

el dub

bump. come on guys. Someone out there has to be doing their own work out there.

richRTSE

I think most of the guys restoring their own heater boxes ARE using gasket kits. So much easier to get everything together. I'm currently restoring my heater/AC box for my '69 Charger. I bought a kit from these guys too...

QuoteContact Detriot Muscle Technologies for a gasket set.

el dub

I'm not restoring my heater box. It is in good condition except for the heater core, which I replaced, old foam, which crumbled up when I got my fingers on it. I am going to go ahead and use packing foam and plumbers putty. Cleaned off the surface rust on the panels with a wire wheel and painted with por 15. If it stinks I'll let you all know.

A383Wing

ya coulda bought the entire kit from DMT and had it done by now....probably cheaper & easier too