News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Duathalon!!!!

Started by dkn1997, May 09, 2011, 05:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

basically me paying to kick my own ass is how I come to think of it.  Run 1.8, bike 10.5, run another 1.8.  I did it yesterday in 1:20.  the bike part is on the perimeter road of a local park and I was using my $10.00 garage sale mongoose mountain bike so I didn't have the best equipment going.  finished 171 out of 285.  I did zero training for it besides kickboxing one or 2x a week and I ran 3 miles about 3 times last month.  I want to do another and train for it..
RECHRGED

twodko

Good on you man! I'd give anything to be able to do those things.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bull

Way to go. :2thumbs:

Quote from: twodko on May 09, 2011, 07:12:44 PM

Not me. Too much work by the sounds of it. :P

Dans 68

Quote from: bull on May 09, 2011, 07:27:55 PM

Quote from: twodko on May 09, 2011, 07:12:44 PM

Not me. Too much work by the sounds of it. :P

It is not work if you enjoy it....  ;)  Good for you.  :cheers:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

PocketThunder

Nice work.  the bike part would be the hard part, your ass must have been sore from the mountain bike seat.   :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dkn1997

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 10, 2011, 07:30:02 AM
Nice work.  the bike part would be the hard part, your ass must have been sore from the mountain bike seat.   :lol:

no no no my friend....I had to do a last minute thrash on the 'goose.  had to replace a grip shifter and cable and adjust the brakes, etc.  I went to Kmart and treated myself to one of their finest seats.  wouldn't even have done that if I wasn't there getting a helmet.  such a ghetto setup I had going, garage sale bike, kmart seat/helmet.  cheapest internet grip shifter I could find.  I may actually try to find a worse bike for the next one.  Maybe I'll give the 'goose some faux patina,  little extra rust here, maybe a nice basket, a horn..banana seat.  then I'll squeeze my fat ass into some sort of teal biking getup and  :drive:

I wish orange krate bikes weren't so valuable or i'd run the race on one of those! maybe a huge front wheel bike from the teens or twentys. 
RECHRGED

69rtse4spd

Nice for you, read that & got wore out so I am going to take a nap.  :smilielol:.