News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Muscle is being a pain........

Started by RECHRGD, August 03, 2011, 08:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

I've had a subsciption to Mopar Muscle for years.  I decided not to renew this time around, even with all of their mailings offering reduced pricing.  I just got tired of reading the same engine builds over and over and such.  Now we've been bombarded with phone calls every night.  The wife told one guy to quit calling and the very next night we get another call from a woman.  Very annoying and I'm about to call their management and tell them to get over it.  They must be hurting to have such a push going on.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

twodko

I hear you about slightly different but repetative articles. As for these or any other unwanted calls, when we get one I say to them "just a second", I put the phone down and go back to whatever I was doing.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

tan top

had a subcription going with Mopar muscle since they first came out !!  did not renew it this year  , too much coverage on modern stuff :Twocents: should be a seperate magazine  ,no offence mondern mopar dudes  :cheers: :2thumbs:
don't get mopar action either now  , been/was  getting that since it first came out too ! use to look forward  to each copy , but  anything you want to look at is on the internet now !!   :Twocents:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

I dropped my MM sub a few years ago when the modern stuff began to creep in more and more.  I was also tired of the year long engine build story and the "special" catalog issue and the fact that half of the pages or better are just ads (coincidentally for the same products they push in many of their tech articles).  I would like to sub to MA but the having to flip all over the damn magazine to finish each article leaves me frustrated enough to only buy issues off the rack when there is an article in there I really want to read.

Brock Samson

All print media is suffering, and somewhat related - land line telephone usage, Texting is set to surpass actual phone calls if it hasn't all ready by now. books are being supplanted by kindle type devices, all well and good till the digital infrastructure fails.
I dropped all but two Magazine Subs ten years ago and I don't even answer the old land line anymore, I only have it for the broadband 'puter connection.
It's horse and buggy stuff from yesteryear.

Kern Dog

Those friggin engine build competitions!!! Jeeze, how many times do we need to read THOSE?
To me, nothing will replace these magazines, but they DO need to focus on what the readers really want. This reader wants classic stuff.

ACUDANUT

LOL I hear you all loud and clear...I dropped my subscription 6 months ago because of the same old shit...The only good part was the "barn finds" or hidden treasures or something like that....I had that magazine for over 20 years too.
I also dropped MCG because they raised the rates by 40 Percent.

Mike DC

The "same old stuff" is partly because they cater to beginners in the hobby as well as the veterans.  After 10 or 20 years in the hobby you have to expect most magazine articles to feel that way to you.

They did try a modern-Mopar-specific magazine a couple years ago and it couldn't get off the ground.  There's too much of that hobby to cram it into the old magazines but not enough to self-support. 

I have to wonder if part of the reason they put the new & old stuff together is because they're taking cues from successful GM/Ford magazines.  But with those brands there wasn't the huge two-decade gap between the vintage and modern musclecar platforms like we've got.  The Mopar hobby is the only one that is so sharply divided into two separate halves. 

I agree that the months-long engine build competitions are TOTALLY overdone.   It's a problem the stretches across the whole car magazine world.

mauve66

Quote from: twodko on August 03, 2011, 11:44:17 AM
I hear you about slightly different but repetative articles. As for these or any other unwanted calls, when we get one I say to them "just a second", I put the phone down and go back to whatever I was doing.  :Twocents:

i do that all the time even at work when tele marketers call, put them on hold.  also when those stupid computers call and tell you to hold for a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE, put them on hold, maybe they can't bug someone else while their on hold with me........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

John_Kunkel

MM's idea of a "tech article" is ten pages of how to install a kit that comes with instructions. I, too, have dropped them but am being bombarded only with mailings.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

bill440rt

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 03, 2011, 05:37:03 PM

MM's idea of a "tech article" is ten pages of how to install a kit that comes with instructions. I, too, have dropped them but am being bombarded only with mailings.

I once saw a tech article in MM about how to install a woodgrain overlay on a steering wheel in a modern Mopar. It was a piece of molded plastic, with double-sided tape.  ::)   

I still get the magazine along with several other Mopar mags, as well. They each have at least something different to offer each month. MA seems to have the best tech, MCG for the hobby "news", and MM rounds out the mix. I concur, the MM engine builds are a bit repetitive, though.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

PA Dodger

The deal with Mopar Muscle harassing you when you unsubscribe isn't a new thing.  I let my subscription run out about 15 years ago. I got call after call about my apparent lapse in judgement. The last caller actually told me he'd see to it I never got a subscription to any magazine ever again.
I guess he didn't have the authority he thought he did because I'm still getting magazines including MM again.
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

mauve66

Quote from: PA Dodger on August 03, 2011, 08:10:33 PM
The deal with Mopar Muscle harassing you when you unsubscribe isn't a new thing.  I let my subscription run out about 15 years ago. I got call after call about my apparent lapse in judgement. The last caller actually told me he'd see to it I never got a subscription to any magazine ever again.
I guess he didn't have the authority he thought he did because I'm still getting magazines including MM again.

that would be funny for someone to be taping their calls and then send the recording back to the president of Petersen publishing or whomever does their mag
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

ACUDANUT

They must have a spy here..No new engine builds this the lastest issue.