News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A few pictures of my Charger

Started by terrible one, March 21, 2011, 08:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68blue

Nice car!  :2thumbs: Nothing like those warm early spring days, no bugs.

chargermike

its a cool looking charger. i like the fact that it is not another boring make it look factory car. beater no hotrod yes. love the red and the old school 5 slots. very retro. looks like a true 70s old school charger. hope you have many happy miles in it. :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

Terrible, you gonna put those stripes on?.. might i suggest you find a more scenic location and shoot some pics in the morning or late PM with out the house shadow cutting across the front on the car... BTW: that engine compartment is a ting of beauty!!  :2thumbs:

terrible one

Thanks again everyone  :2thumbs: :cheers:

I'm glad I got the 70's/80's retro look across  :coolgleamA:

terrible one

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 27, 2011, 01:39:38 PM
Terrible, you gonna put those stripes on?.. might i suggest you find a more scenic location and shoot some pics in the morning or late PM with out the house shadow cutting across the front on the car... BTW: that engine compartment is a ting of beauty!!  :2thumbs:

Thanks Dave! Now the hard part is keeping it that clean. I'll definitely try to get some shots at a better location, theres a beautiful spot called Coronado Heights about 20 minutes down the road from me that I'll have to get to. Sadly we're back in the 30's with some snow today  :rotz:

As far as the stripes, it's cool that you remembered, from my old signature. I'd really like to put them on, but now that I'm at this rental and don't have my old spot back home spraypainting the car here would be a big hassle, and with the Kansas wind it truly is hard to find a good window to spraypaint outside in. I'm still a big fan and still save any picture of that paint scheme I can. Maybe when I've got my own place again I'll paint them on. I really think it'll look good  :yesnod:

troy.70R/T

Nice car. Not a beater in my opinion. LOVE THE SLOTTED MAGS.  :2thumbs:

madmike

Terrible One:

Your car looks good!  I have a car similar to yours, condition wise.  It ain't perfect (and maybe I can't afford to make it perfect), but it looks good!  And, I definitely plan on driving mine, when I finish assembling it.  I see you posted various questions in electrical, and I'm doing similar work in that area as well.

Smoke'em till the wheels fall off!
Mike

71ChallengeHer

The Charger is looking really good. You should be very proud of all the hard workk you put it to it. :2thumbs:

Skyview69

Quote from: terrible one on March 23, 2011, 12:04:53 PM
Quote from: Skyview69 on March 23, 2011, 11:50:13 AM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 23, 2011, 12:41:37 AM
Are those the wheels you were polishing on?  The "Dodge" script looks killer.   :2thumbs:

How did you polish those wheels?  I need to polish mine!

Hey bud,

Here's the thread I did when I polished up the back ones: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22768.0.html

Not sure if it mentions it in the thread but the basic procedure is to clean the crap out of them with some simple green and a scotch brite or a stiff bristled brush, whatever. I actually remember using this stuff called Wesley's bleach white that a friend had and it worked really well for the initial cleaning. Anyways, then the time consuming part begins. Start with a coarse sandpaper depending on how bad the wheel is. If there are a lot of pits, etc. to get out start with 120 or even something coarser. Once the wheel is free of defects, you can start working your way to a finer grit, like an increment of 120-280-400-800-1200-2000. Really that's a lot of sandpaper and time but it all depends on how good you want the outcome to be.  :cheers:

Thanks for the tips man.   I have two chargers both with slots...that's gonna be 80 hours of polishing or so....damn   :brickwall:  If I get them to look as good as yours it will be worth it  :2thumbs:

Mopar440+6

Looks great TO! After 4 years you're driving your Charger and mine is still sitting in the shed with no quarter panels. I'd say you're doing alright...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

terrible one

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on March 28, 2011, 08:09:45 PM
Looks great TO! After 4 years you're driving your Charger and mine is still sitting in the shed with no quarter panels. I'd say you're doing alright...

Hey bud, thanks!  :cheers: Man long time no talk huh? Hard to believe it's been that long since we were first chattin' and I was just dreamin' about it being at this stage  :yesnod: Thanks for the kind words and at least you've still got a Charger, right?  :2thumbs: