News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody got clips?

Started by G-man, March 19, 2011, 07:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi

I need some clips because the Repro stuff sucks ass and doesnt even fit.

I baught new splash shields in the front wheel wells and the little holes where the push in clips go... the repro ones are too big and they are so solid that they cant squeeze in.

Anyone got these clips? Cant remember how many goes in...

Also would anyone have the clips for the hood blinker kit that holds the wires against the hood so that the wires dont sit on the air-cleaner?

Thanks a bunch!

O yeah, its for a 68 charger

Roger 68 charger

They clips are hard to push in by hand so I took a hammer(I have one made out of hard rawhide) and gave each clip a whack and they went in!
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

G-man

Were your clips the black ones that look like a spring so to speak andthe plastic is solid and its bigger than the hole? So how the heck will that go in... I been pushing by hand and the metal is getting bent.... u sure???

Roger 68 charger

Yes  they are the black ones that look like a spring --I could Not push them by hand!!!They just need a little persuasion :smash: :smash:
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

G-man

i c.

thanks ima go do some persuading :lol:

the rubber seal that goes on the outside of the splash shield between it and the fender... which way does that get installed?

Thanks heaps.

Roger 68 charger

Here is a couple pics with the side gasket installed  Hope this helps  --when installed it may not sit down perfect but when I get the shield installed I think I am going to spray with undercoating to seal everything up.  Where did you get your gaskets from? I read on here that some of the gaskets are differant --just depends on who you buy them from --I got mine from Restoration Specialties  (good people ,fast service)
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

G-man

I got mine through DOdge City in Croydon. Elko stuff. SHould work.

See I thought the longer lip of the rubber would be the part you sit on the splash shield where as it looks like the longer lip sits on outside and that very thing part is the part that sits on the splash shield. That looks so backwards for some reason but I will do that.

Thanks.

So anybody here have the Hood Blinker kit clips?