News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What "Nice" or genuinely "Positive" comments have been directed to your Charger?

Started by Dans 68, May 07, 2012, 03:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

The other day I took my '68 for a short cruise around my neighborhood. I had just done a little wrenching (installed a rebuilt carburetor) and the Charger was running fine; I was feeling the love.  ;)  The sun was out and my windows were down. I took the right turn to downtown Sunnyvale, specifically the tree lined Historic Murphy Street, and idled along in 1st along the quaint shops and outdoor cafes. About two thirds of the way down the street a man seated at one of the cafes went all bug-eyed, got his lady friends attention, and exclaimed "OH MY GOD" while pulling a Linda Blair impersonation. At the corner of Murphy I got on it a little bit so he could see that there was more to the car than just a rumbling idle. His reaction put a big smile on my face.

I guess I made his day too.   :rofl:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Tilar

I get those kind of reactions with my 73 all the time. I work in the bus garage at the local high school and have kids come into the garage sometimes when I drive it and tell me how awesome the car is and ask all about it. I even get a teacher now and then say something about it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

cdr

been workin on mine,it only gets to move to front or back of garage,but people do stop by to see my progress ,& they usually get pretty exited to see an old charger,you know the rest,YA GONNA PAINT IT ORANGE  :slap: then the other day this guy stopped to talk to me,he said man, i am so sorry to here about your car,I said which car? he said ,the only real car you have,i said oh ,the charger? i said, well tell me whats goin on, its doin just fine in the garage,he proceeded to tell me that, the wall street journal did a story about 1968 dodge chargers,& that they are the only 2nd gen chargers that dont have a registry & he said it just made him tear up,& he felt so bad for all the 68 chargers that are going to be deported,cause there is no registry. :lol: :lol: :lol:------- :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:-------SORRY MR dan ,couldn't let that one go
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Patronus

An old guy came up once and said, "I cant find anything wrong with it!"
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

BigBlackDodge

The girlfriend of one of my bosses........"That thing looks evil!"

:smilielol:

I told her it matched my soul! ;D

BBD

Indygenerallee

Whenever anybody sees mine in the garage the words that come out of their mouth "Hey is that one of those Superbirds"  :lol: :smilielol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

bull

What a great idea for a thread topic! :2thumbs:

Since mine sits in the garage my only comments come from the garbage man, the UPS/FedEx guys, etc., when I have the door open. Everyone likes looking at it and talking about it but few of them know what it is right off the bat. At some point I usually have to mention DOH or Blade or Fast and the Furious before it clicks. That really doesn't bother me though because I kind of enjoy the anonymity of it. How the Charger looks is always what pulls them in to start asking questions and that speaks volumes.

Dans 68

Quote from: bull on May 07, 2012, 08:11:43 PM
What a great idea for a thread topic! :2thumbs: ....

I know! I cannot believe that you didn't think of this topic first...as every other Charger related topic else has been mostly done...by you.   :rofl:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

TK73

A lot since we got the '73 done.  Kinda weird 'cuz before the car was in 3 shades of tan, flat black and semi-gloss black with stencils on the sides. People pretty much left me alone, I liked that...

NOW... LOTS of attention
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Kern Dog

I had my 70 out yesterday. Our local car club held the annual Poker run and winery tour. At each of the 5 stops, people came out to look and take pictures of the cars. I get nice compliments from time to time. Many enjoy telling me of a friend or family member that had one at one time. I hear of people getting offers to sell, but that hasn't happened yet. I have no intentions of selling the car anyway.

Bob T

I pushed my panelbeater buddy hard and worked lots of late nights to get it ready to trailer over to a huge weekend carshow with some mates cars and was surprised by the amount of people that would politely ask if they could ''cross the rope'' to come over and have a closer look, huge amount of photos taken as well and I saw it online in a magazine shoot spread online later.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,88444.0.html

Even had one guy offer me 30% more than it owed me to buy it, had to turn him down, just told him "I just got it, haven'nt even driven or finished it yet so sorry but no".

I also enjoyed the fact that people were getting pleasure from it as well. Probably the best carshow weekend I've ever had, made all the cost and months of waiting worthwhile
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Brass

I get some nice comments like "that car is sexy" but sometimes the cameras come out too.  One time a group of foreign tourists stopped in the middle of a downtown Seattle crosswalk and started snapping like crazy.  It happens on the road as well.  Mostly it's amusing...

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

elanmars

All my Chargers have received mostly positive attention (usually the negative are haters who are jealous).

My current one, painted orange and with General Lee decals? WHOAH. all positive so far.

but the attention, the expressions I see on people's faces when they see the car, is all pretty fun. Sure, a lot of people like it because "it's the general lee" but there's been plenty of people that walk up, or at a gas station, or at a stop light and will gush over how "awesome" and "sexy" and "badass" looking the car is.

and I completely agree. I don't care about what the car has inside, big block, small block, hell, slant six...that can all be altered but the Charger's good looks and style, THAT is what I love.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

jimcharger66

One of the coolest things that has happened to me didn't involve a single word.
I was leaving our local mall with my 66 and merged onto an overpass just as a
2011 Charger was arriving in the next lane. I looked at him, he looked at me
and we both broke out into the biggest s--t eating grins you can imagine.
We then nodded at each other and went our separate ways. Made me feel good
for the rest of the day. As well, I should mention that my 16 year old junior
gearhead loves it when I pick him up at  school the rare occasion. His buddies
and some of the girls too love the car.

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

myk

1969chargerrtse

When people tell me they think it's worth around 70 grand. I think about 35ish but twice that would be nice.  :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

RECHRGD

Over the past 13 years that I've had the car on the road, I've had so many comments that it would overload this site to try and list them all.  Try going across country with your Charger on an open trailer like I did last Summer.  At every rest area or gas station you'll meet you new best friends.
13.53 @ 105.32

NHCharger

At a car show last year at a country fair which includes a car parade through the fairgrounds. There were several muscle cars ahead of me (non-mopar). A lady in the crowd pointed at my Charger and said "that's what a real muscle car sounds like".
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Cooter

Positive? "Hey man, NICE effin' Charger.. Bet it's worth a fortune huh?"

"Generally" positve? "Yeah, I guess so..Wanna buy it from me?"
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"