News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lower dash pad & ignition install

Started by vandie12, March 11, 2011, 08:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandie12

I need some help or pictures of the installation of the key switch and what kind of lower pad is used on a 69 Charger. The 69 I have came with a lower plastic cover (from a 70) with a hole that someone drilled, filed and just butchered to get an ignition to mount in. Also is the dash frame the same for 68-70, I seen some of the posts that Shakey had on his, but he didn't have the install of the ignition I was looking for. Since I have to find a lower dash pad, are there 2 different styles for this, the padded and the hard plastic type is this correct?  

Just 6T9 CHGR

68-69 will have pretty much the same soft pad style.  However '69 is different from '68 in the fact that the hole for the ign switch is larger...they can interchange AFAIK

There is a really nice set on eBay right now....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/mopar-1969-1968-charger-GTX-CORONET-dash-pad-dashpad-rt-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf5cf04a9QQitemZ330541499561QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

vandie12

That is a nice set, now my next question is I think what I have is a 70 dash frame, not a 69, and I know there is a 69 wire harness in it. Will these pads fit on the 70 dash frame?

UFO

Quote from: vandie12 on March 13, 2011, 10:34:35 AM
That is a nice set, now my next question is I think what I have is a 70 dash frame, not a 69, and I know there is a 69 wire harness in it. Will these pads fit on the 70 dash frame?

I think that lower area is different on a '70.
Most notably the glove box opens downward.
I had one in the shop for a while doing some repairs for a buddy,guess I should have taken some pics.