News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where's the best place to get wiring?

Started by sixpack_sid, March 02, 2011, 09:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I am restoring my 68 Charger and I want to run all new wiring thru the car. Any advice on the best place to buy it, what I need, any suggestions on brands, etc?Also, what should I order since the car had a 383 originally and I am putting in a 440 from a '77 New Yorker? I have the'69 tail lights. I want to get the right parts.
Thanks!
Sid
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

Troy

The most accurate reproduction harnesses are by M&H and Year One has the exclusive rights to sell them (dash harnesses at least). Wait for the 20% off coupons and you can get the whole car for around $1,100 I think. You can get custom engine harnesses as well if you're using electronic ignition or 1 wire alternator. Evans wiring makes some of the harnesses as well - bot not the main dash harness.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

terrible one

:iagree: Use Evan's wiring (http://www.evanswiring.com/) for everything you can. For everything else, hit Year One with that code.

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bull

YearOne 20% off code is HELP through March 10, 2011.

www.megapartsusa.com carries some harnesses too.

sixpack_sid

Ok, so I decided on Year One for the wiring. My next question is, they ask if it's electronic ignition. I'm putting in a 440 from a '77 New Yorker. My engine has cap & rotor. Is that considered elec. ign?
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

BananaDan

Don't hold me to it, but I believe the way to tell if you have EI or not is the existence of the Orange box on the firewall.

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

terrible one

Take the cap and rotor off the distributor and check and see if you have points in there or a reluctor (for electronic ignition)

jaak

:Twocents: I would get the engine harness upgraded with electronic ignition and wired for a dual field alternator (will have to use a '70 and up alt. and voltage regulator).

Thats what engine harness I bought when I got mine, I used a 20% discount code with YO, and It was $96 shipped.

Jason