News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is your shaft bigger than mine? I need a measurement

Started by bull, January 24, 2011, 09:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Not that shaft! :nono: The shaft, or stud, whatever you call it, on the idler arm that goes up inside the center link on the passenger side seems to be too loose inside the hole. I can put it all the way up inside with no resistance. If one of you is in the middle of putting your suspension together and your idler arm is not installed I'd like to get the diameter of that shaft at its widest point and compare it to mine. I wonder if I got an A-body idler (assuming they are smaller). :shruggy: Thanks.

694spdRT

Quote from: bull on January 24, 2011, 09:26:30 PM
The shaft, or stud, whatever you call it, on the idler arm that goes up inside the center link on the passenger side seems to be too loose inside the hole. I can put it all the way up inside with no resistance.

Bull, this whole sentence just sounds rather naughty for some reason.  :blush2:  :D

Seriously, I will check if I have anything at the shop tommorow to help get you an answer.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

bull

Quote from: 694spdRT on January 24, 2011, 11:50:37 PM
The shaft, or stud, whatever you call it, on the idler arm that goes up inside the center link on the passenger side seems to be too loose inside the hole. I can put it all the way up inside with no resistance.

Bull, this whole sentence just sounds rather naughty for some reason.  :blush2:  :D

Yes, I know. And I wasn't even trying. :shruggy:
This part sounds pretty bad too:

I'd like to get the diameter of that shaft at its widest point and compare it to mine.

Anyway, thanks for the help. :2thumbs:

BigBlackDodge

Flipping through the tv channels late at light you'll discover your not alone with this problem. :nana:

BBD