News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need your help

Started by xx29440charger, January 18, 2011, 08:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

I am not having luck at the local auto parts store in my area and I was wondering if anyone could recommend where I could buy a master cylinder and power booster online. I don't care about numbers matching and all that. I am just looking for dependability. I have a 70 Charger with disc in the front and drum in the rear. Thanks! :2thumbs:

The70RT

You can send your booster to:

Prior Brake Products
(972) 388-1090
4874 Olson Dr
Dallas, TX 75227

I ordered a booster and it was nothing like the original. I rebuilt my MC because the aftermarket ones looked different too with blank line hook ups on one side and real ones on the other (universal casting)  :eek2: . A lot of people on here have used Prior. It's hard to get the original Bendix stuff anymore. It's up to you if you want original or generic looking stuff.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MoparManJim

Quote from: xx29440charger on January 18, 2011, 08:40:54 PM
I am not having luck at the local auto parts store in my area and I was wondering if anyone could recommend where I could buy a master cylinder and power booster online. I don't care about numbers matching and all that. I am just looking for dependability. I have a 70 Charger with disc in the front and drum in the rear. Thanks! :2thumbs:

Your auto parts store can order them in for you. I know the part store out in town here, ordered mine in for me back over 4 years go.   

jaak

Quote from: The70RT on January 18, 2011, 08:49:10 PM
You can send your booster to:

Prior Brake Products
(972) 388-1090
4874 Olson Dr
Dallas, TX 75227

I ordered a booster and it was nothing like the original. I rebuilt my MC because the aftermarket ones looked different too with blank line hook ups on one side and real ones on the other (universal casting)  :eek2: . A lot of people on here have used Prior. It's hard to get the original Bendix stuff anymore. It's up to you if you want original or generic looking stuff.

:iagree: Disc Brake booster (Bendix) are hard to find. I bought a used one from a member here and sent it to Prior to be rebuilt. It costs a little over $100 for the rebuild and return shipping.

Jason

xx29440charger

Anyone ever use  (A-1 Cardone) Brake power booster? Any problems? Please let me know. :popcrn:

Richard Cranium

Bald Booster Dewey is the man!

http://boosterdeweyexchange.com/

I've heard good things about these people too....

http://www.applehydraulics.com/

I am Dr. Remulac

The70RT

Looks like Prior is cheaper than Dewey
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

quadram4

I got my booster from O'Riellys, $65 and it looked just like the one i took off my 69 Charger
Hungry Dago

Troy

I got one from O'Reilleys as well but my car had 4 wheel drums.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

HOTROD

What the Hell-Dumass !

ktneifert09

Found mine on line at Kragen Auto parts
Plans are useless; planning is indispensible.
Especially with an old car!

jaak

Quote from: xx29440charger on January 20, 2011, 09:22:16 AM
Anyone ever use  (A-1 Cardone) Brake power booster? Any problems? Please let me know. :popcrn:

The problem when I was looking for one, was A-1 Cardone still shows a p/n for a bendix booster, but they have no cores to remanufacture.
Some outlets do sell a replacement, but it looks totally different. If you want an original type, you will have to find a used one and get it rebuilt.

Jason

quadram4

I booster I got from O'Riellys for my charger was for 4 wheel drums
Hungry Dago