News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tuff decision what would you do?

Started by 7chargers, December 24, 2010, 01:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tricky lugnuts

fair enough, just like our 40-year-old Chargers and Challengers!  :cheers:

Cooter

Quote from: tricky lugnuts on December 25, 2010, 04:49:18 PM
fair enough, just like our 40-year-old Chargers and Challengers!  :cheers:

Yep, And I buy low ball, 318 Challengers and Chargers...NOT Hemi cars and 440 4-speed cars....Most of Those were rode hard and put up wet...dude didn't specify he was looking at a used V6 Challenger, he evidently is looking for the SRT8, limited edition, power everything, Hemi this, Hemi that car....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

The70RT

My nephew bought a brand new Challenger....700 bucks a month  :P
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tricky lugnuts

Cool rides, but OW!

My old Charger eats lots of gas and plenty of parts, but never $700 per month of parts, not on a regular basis, anyways!

That's $8,400 per year just to have a car to full-coverage insure, put plates on and burn $3 a gallon gas.

But I'm poor.

Bobby41909

Not sure what you decided but as an owner of an 09 SRT Challenger I can say you won't be disappointed.  Sounds like you already have a few classic cars so getting rid of one won't change life much.  Other then add a very awesome car to your garage and none of those classic rides will ever come close to the driveability you'll get with a new Challenger. 

True it's an expensive item that will depreciate but who cares, have fun and drive it.  People get to caught up in the "investment" aspect of the hobby IMO.  I think we all like cars because they are cars NOT because they will appreciate at a certain rate.  I think that's just how we convince ourselves that spending $$$ on a certain car is a worthy use of funds.  I've got so much $$$ tied up in my classic cars but since I don't plan on selling them I don't care what the current market value is.  I enjoy the ride (as often as I can) especially with the classics on nice days.  But the SRT is my daily driver and I love it.  I expect you will also.   

I see you are considering an R/T...for a few bucks more the SRT is well worth it...you can add the stripe...Now that the 6.4 Hemi's are coming out I suspect there will be a bunch of 08's, 09's and 10's SRT's up for sale.  Contrary to what I've read here, all of the SRT owners I've met, baby their rides. 

Good luck! 

b5blue

Bobby your Challenger is a knockout! (post a pic) I agree if my money was right I'd buy one too and have yet to see any getting run hard. The economy is so screwed up right now I'm leery of any large long term financial commitment for myself. Now with a large down payment that could change things.  :scratchchin:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Richard Cranium on December 31, 2010, 09:03:00 AM
Go for the gusto & get one of these....

http://www.streetfire.net/video/2011-challenger-392-hemi-1240-stock_2089181.htm

If and when I move back to Sweden I will buy myself one of those. Here in Belgium the
registration and yearly roadtax is based on enginevolume so forget it. :brickwall:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Bobby41909

Quote from: b5blue on December 31, 2010, 08:56:28 AM
  Bobby your Challenger is a knockout! (post a pic) I agree if my money was right I'd buy one too and have yet to see any getting run hard. The economy is so screwed up right now I'm leery of any large long term financial commitment for myself. Now with a large down payment that could change things.  :scratchchin:

Thanks..here you go

Bobby41909

Quote from: b5blue on December 31, 2010, 08:56:28 AM

Even better, here is a video I made for a buddy of mine (trying to get him to visit with his family).  Anyway, the first two minutes or so are a walk around of the Challenger prior to the T/A type stripes being added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOiZ7XYdq8g&feature=related

Belgium R/T -68

Like the comment on youtube:
Damn, can I visit too?

Per

b5blue

Per we can go see Bobby when ya come visit me!  :2thumbs: Happy New Year to you both!  :yesnod:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on December 31, 2010, 02:05:30 PM
Per we can go see Bobby when ya come visit me!  :2thumbs: Happy New Year to you both!  :yesnod:

Great idea Neal :2thumbs: Happy New Year to you to  :cheers:

Per

Magnumcharger

If you've got the time, money and verifiable restoration resources, by all means - restore a Charger and forget about the Challenger.
If you really haven't got the time to commit to a restoration, or the talent to carry one off - buy the Challenger.
If you like the idea of driving a really unique car, and desire the envy of your peers, friends and strangers - drive the Charger.
If you like getting complimented by strangers, gawked at by young women, and can afford a car payment - buy a Challenger.

I've got a 1968 Charger R/T project, AND a 2010 Challenger R/T Classic.....so I know!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed