News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

quarter mile times

Started by 73chgrSE, May 27, 2006, 06:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

OK, I'm doin the math ?

440 + 130 = 570 ??

Hmmm,

yeah,

that outa leave a skid mark in your Stanfields when ya mash the "loud pedal" Ron :2thumbs: ATTA-BOY !

Only wimps wear Bowties !

oldschool

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 25, 2009, 10:35:37 PM
OK, I'm doin the math ?

440 + 130 = 570 ??

Hmmm,

yeah,

that outa leave a skid mark in your Stanfields when ya mash the "loud pedal" Ron :2thumbs: ATTA-BOY !

there is NO replacement for displacement..........
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

greenpigs

So how about some updates & new blood gang?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Lifsgrt

After listening to Doug (ChargerMD) tell about his engine destroying itself a while back, I decided to shelve my numbers-matching 440 and build a 493 stroker (4.15x4.35) based on 440 block.  Had the block decked to get the pistons about .005" in the hole, giving me a static compression ratio of 11:1.  Same Eddy heads with a fresh multi-angle valve job and a little more port and combustion chamber work by me.  Same Eddy RPM dual plane intake and TTI headers through the full 3" exhaust with Dynomax mufflers.  Scott Brown solid flat tappet stick.  275 MT ET Street radials, added Cal Tracs and a PTC 3800 stall converter.  I installed the engine the day before Monster Mopar and broke it in on the track there!  Ran the best time ever today at Bowling Green KY, still spinning a little off the line but ran 11.27 @ 120.  It has more in it, just needs more tuning. Car with a full tank of gas and me weighs just over 4100.  Most effort I've put into building an engine thus far, and MAN does it put a smile on my face when I jump in the throttle!!  :cheers:
Best time 11.07@121

R2

see ya in the spring Jerry,,,,get that hood fixed...lol

Doug (R2) (chargerMD)

Here is a picture of the camshaft sticking thru the bottom of the windage tray,,,,lol......

rod bolts,,push rods,,broken lifter bores,,,and broken lifters,,,,,

Oil pan with shrapnel....

Shot of your car with my Belvedere in the background from Bowling Green

Challenger340

OUCH, That hurt !
I am terribly sorry for your loss, NO FUN !

Looks like a Rod let go, took out the camshaft, and well, at high rpm it don't take long to make a mess ?

Any ideas what happened other than the obvious ?

Only wimps wear Bowties !