News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Muscle Car" drives unto President Bush's ranch by accident....

Started by Dans 68, December 23, 2010, 10:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

My Wife's alarm went off early this morning, waking me up, and a news story was on instead of the normal music. It seems a muscle car (a Plymouth Barracuda!) got its accelerator pedal stuck and the guy driving "accidently" drove it onto the former President's property. The linked story below does not mention any of the salient points, of course. A Plymouth Barracuda! I guess detail is not what print news stories are about anymore. I think it is going to be a goofy day. http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/12/22/former-pres-bush-ok-after-man-detained-outside-dallas-home?test=latestnews

So, are e-bodies prone to sticking pedals?  :rofl:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

The70RT

I heard he driving Bush home when it happened?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dans 68

Quote from: The70RT on December 23, 2010, 11:06:01 AM
I heard he driving Bush home when it happened?

No, no, no!  :slap:  The gist of the story is the sticking go pedal. Are they more prone? Taking your approach will find this thread in the "lighter side" board....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

71charger_fan

A photo of the car being hauled away in another news story clearly shows it to be a Cougar.

Dans 68

Really?  :rofl:  I guess then to post as little printed information as possible is really the best way not to get a story wrong. Glad to hear it wasn't a Mopar.  :smilielol:  So, then, do Cougar's go pedals tend to stick?  :lol:

Dan

Silver R/T

I'm surprised Bush didn't call this one an Al Qaeda attack and classify car as "WMD"
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

sixty8charger

I have had the accelerator stick on a 73 cougar (351c motor).. I replaced the throttle return springs with better than oem.. And I think it fixed it.. (10 years later... No sticks...).. It was weird when it happened.. Thought it was just being old..
Jayson

Dans 68

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 24, 2010, 12:48:54 PM
I'm surprised Bush didn't call this one an Al Qaeda attack and classify car as "WMD"

You don't disappoint.... ;)

Dan

The70RT

Actually they did stick.....well just a broken motor mount made it stick when a friend borrowed a 68 Cougar and stopped and did a burnout and then was turning in my drive and let off but his throttle stuck. He struck the back of my dads Nova I had on ramps and if came down off the ramps and I was under it. I was lucky and had an old galvanized minnow bucket under with me and it took the hit and not my head. Antifreeze went all over my face and I jumped out and it was my best friend a the time.....yeah he was lucky I stopped at just a couple punches  :icon_smile_blackeye: It may have been a payback from a Cougar, I totaled in the 70's, a 69 Eliminator a former friend of mine hammered the brakes and I had a 69 Impala and didn't see him stop....oh well just another Ford product down the tubes. I drove the Impala off and the Cougar was towed  :icon_smile_tongue:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cooter

Maybe it was that "Musclecar" I once read about, the VERY rare, Plymouth "Barracougar"...It seems Chrysler and Ford got together in 1970 3/4, and decided to build the ultimate Pony car. It seems the car was massively over powered. The base model came with the 302 2BBL, but this model must have been the popular 427 Sideoiler Hemi SOHC "BOSS" model, with optional A844 Top loader 5 speed. This would explain why the accel. stuck like it did. Seems when the facotry built it, they didn't count on the engine taking up all the room and the throttle return spring was left off..later, the Dealer offered a TSB/Recall on this and subsequent models were retrofitted with throttle return springs from an Ink Pen...This evidently fixed the problem, but owners of the retro'd cars didn't like the NON OEM appearance of the Ball point pen Spring, so most opted to remove them...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

chargerman67

I wish they would have at least showed us a pic of the car and gave us more info on engine size ect.
67 Dodge Charger 440
87 Toyota Supra 2.5L twin turbo (JDM)
95 Impala SS
97 BMW 528i

learical1

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 24, 2010, 12:48:54 PM

Weapon of Musclecar Destruction? :shruggy:
Bruce