News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bernie Madoff's son, Mark, will not be down for breakfast.

Started by Richard Cranium, December 11, 2010, 02:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Cranium

(Dec. 11) – Exactly two years after his father's arrest, the eldest son of convicted Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff was found dead this morning, his body hanging from a dog leash on a pipe in his living room ceiling as his own young son slept in the next room, according to reports.

"Mark Madoff took his own life today. This is a terrible and unnecessary tragedy," said Martin Flumenbaum, an attorney representing Mark and his brother Andrew. "Mark was an innocent victim of his father's monstrous crime who succumbed to two years of unrelenting pressure from false accusations and innuendo."

Mark Madoff, 46, was under investigation about his possible involvement in his father's multi-billion dollar fraud, but had never faced any criminal charges.

His body was found by his father-in-law, who was there to check on Mark Madoff's two-year-old son at the request of Mark Madoff's wife, The New York Times reported. He was hanging by his neck from a pipe in the living room ceiling, and his son was sleeping in the next room, the Times reported.

I am Dr. Remulac

89MOPAR

I find it hard to believe any of the immediate family of Madoff were innocent in the frauds the business perpetrated.

However, i do feel bad for the young son, and hope his grandfather somehow got him out of there without seeing the body of his dad.   :rotz:
  If you are going to kill yourself, have the decency to do it without your child in the next room, it's not like that particular family doesn't have vacation houses the deceased could have went to....
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

DC_1

Why would a guy with his dough he has squirreled away have a pipe in his living room? A beam I could understand, but a pipe? I gotta see the inside of his house now!

Mike DC

. . . And Bernie Sr lived to see this happen.  A dark part of me is glad for that.      

The suicide probably means the son was either totally innocent or else he was about to be nailed with proof of serious guilt.  

I've never understood people hanging themselves in their homes.  Even if you do wanna die it still seems like an unpleasant and unreliable way to do it.  Back in the day they used to employ dedicated hangmen and custom-built platforms to break people's necks just ease the gruesomeness of the process.  It's not gonna be that clean if you do it at home from 3 feet off the floor. 

Tilar

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 11, 2010, 09:48:21 PM

. . . And Bernie Sr lived to see this happen.  A dark part of me is glad for that.      

Same here. When I first heard this though, The first thought that came to mind was someone that Bernie screwed over got their revenge thinking he had taken everything they had so they were going to take something that meant everything to him.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

HANDM

Quote from: Tilar on December 12, 2010, 07:22:16 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 11, 2010, 09:48:21 PM

Same here. When I first heard this though, The first thought that came to mind was someone that Bernie screwed over got their revenge thinking he had taken everything they had so they were going to take something that meant everything to him.

Suicided you mean?

I don't think so, more like he was worth more dead than alive and he knew it. Now the wife and kids can live off the ill gotten gains without fear of ever losing it feds

Tilar

Actually I saw on the news last night that he and his two sons are named in a lawsuit, so even though he commited suicide, his 2 and 4 year old sons could be made responsible to pay it back.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bull

Quote from: Tilar on December 13, 2010, 05:15:05 AM
Actually I saw on the news last night that he and his two sons are named in a lawsuit, so even though he commited suicide, his 2 and 4 year old sons could be made responsible to pay it back.

Sounds like a fun way to grow up. I'm sure it will be made into a reality show at some point.