News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paul where are you?

Started by G-man, December 04, 2010, 05:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi

I forgot which Paul (I'm sure there is more than one here) sent the headlight switch to me about 2 months ago. I just wanted to say that I finally got it in the car and today I am going to hook it up and check if it works. I am sure it will so I need your details to send you that money you asked for. Thanks for waiting this long. I just finished school so I am finally back home ready to roll.  :2thumbs:

doctor4766

Just let me know once you've tried it out and I'll send you details.
Gotta love a '69

G-man

The headlight switch works but I have not switched car on to see if the vacuum works. Just gotta get the brake pedal bolted back on and the reverse light switch bolted on then we will get the car running and take it to get registered. This should be tomorrow. Let you know soon.

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

doctor4766

Have you already converted to RHD?
Gotta love a '69

G-man

Quote from: doctor4766 on December 06, 2010, 04:01:13 AM
Have you already converted to RHD?

No. I got better things to spend 10-12k on. Hemi, 6 speed manual, new chasis, new paint job etc.

I did a conversion once before on a different car and it was the dumbest thing I ever did. 12k to just change the position of the steering wheel rather than upgrading the performance or look of the car doesnt sound logical anymore especially when a person can get used to LHD. So im leaving this one LHD and its awesome.

O btw - your headlight switch vacuum works-ish (takes time to open up the headlight covers but it works) and my car is ready to drive. Rego is on as of the morning. All I have to do is get the rear brakes adjusted so they work evenly and it will be passed. Inspection report done and all is well except that.

Xmas is comming early this year!

Send me details to pay you the 40

doctor4766

Oh I'm so glad you're leaving it LHD.
I was under the impression there were two of yas that were going to make the change.
Can't remember where you're situated but obviously you don't have the draconian SA laws there.
I'll PM you my details
Gotta love a '69

doctor4766

And oh yeah,
the headlights doors with the vacuum actuators are often slow, that's probably one of the reasons they switched to electric motors on the '70 model.
Gotta love a '69

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Dans 68

You '69 guys answer to anything....  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

PocketThunder

Quote from: Dans 68 on December 07, 2010, 10:05:56 AM
You '69 guys answer to anything....  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan

Call me anything you want, just dont call me late to dinner!  :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

G-man