News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk Divider Jute.

Started by kw mopar, November 14, 2010, 12:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kw mopar

Does the trunk divider Jute go on the interior side or trunk side of the cardboard divider? Thanks Rob.

Brock Samson

Troy

Yep. There are 2 hook looking things on the interior side of the package tray that it hangs from.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

twodko

I used some 3M spray adhesive to lightly glue the jute pad to the cardboard divider. I used the old divider to match up the holes in the new one and cut them out.
Then I used the new divider to match up the pre-punched holes in the jute and cut them out. At this point I sprayed a light coat of adhesive on the divider, attached the jute and hung it in the car.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Brock Samson

never got around to doing it but I allways thought that making a trunk divider out of a more durable material and sinking a couple woofers for a stereo into it and sealing it up would be a great Mod. few would know about...  :shruggy:

kw mopar

Thanks I think I will glue 2 cardboard so it doesn't sag.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: kw mopar on November 14, 2010, 12:01:35 AM
Does the trunk divider Jute go on the interior side or trunk side of the cardboard divider? Thanks Rob.

Neither - There is no jute on the divider - but there is on the package tray.

Troy

I think I read this wrong...  :icon_smile_blackeye:

No, there's no Jute on the divider. However, if you wanted things to be a bit quieter you could put some on the interior side of the divider so it would be hidden.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

twodko

I'm confused now too. My new divider was bought from YearOne along with a die cut matching jute pad. I installd the pad on the inside so it wouldn't be seen from the trunk.
There was no jute pad under the old package tray. Were either of these OEM?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

charger2fast4u

Does anyone have a pic they can post of the jute installed or atleast one of it not installed yet my charger didn't come with a lot of misc pieces and I'm tryin to track them all down so I know what ill all need when I put it back together

maxwellwedge

Quote from: twodko on November 15, 2010, 12:24:16 PM
I'm confused now too. My new divider was bought from YearOne along with a die cut matching jute pad. I installd the pad on the inside so it wouldn't be seen from the trunk.
There was no jute pad under the old package tray. Were either of these OEM?

From the factory...
Trunk Divider - No Jute
Package tray - Jute
Jethro Tull - Flute
Jane Fonda - Klute
:lol:

HOTROD

:scratchchin: why spend money on some thing no one see's , I am making my own out of fiberboard (free) and using maby Dynamat !!
What the Hell-Dumass !