News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

17 or 18" General Lee Wheels?

Started by MOPAR8872, January 11, 2011, 02:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOPAR8872

Was wanting to know if anyone knew of a company making 17" or 18" rims that were used on the General Lee, like the American Racing Vector rims... or anyone know of any look a likes?
Thanks

Chris Reed
Wing Cars Rock!!
I eventually want to build a P/T General Lee

TylerCharger69

14  and 15 were used   Not  17 or 18

bull

I'm thinking he might know that. ;)

Anyhoo, the only thing I know of that fits your description would be like the wheels found on "Xtreme Lee" owned by Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

WHITE AND RED 69

The wheels on the xtreme lee are made by budnik but were not made for the public to purchase. I found these 10 spoke wheels that might look somewhat like the vectors if painted? Maybe?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

dangina

Mike DC

I liked them. 

But then I also thought the whole car was kinda cool, not everyone did. 

MOPAR8872

White and Red 69

I like the picture of the rim , BonSpeeds Big Blocks, I was looking at them also.

I asked the same question on another forum got this answer

QuoteA while back I spoke with Hydyne Motorsports about doing a one-off modern Vector and was quoted $900 a piece for a 3 piece wheel. That's a pretty good price for doing all the design work and building a 3 piece to your specs. I asked about 18/19 combo so I'm not sure if the 17s would be cheaper or not. I'd like to do it someday, and I may, but I have bigger things to do first.
http://www.hydynemotorsport.com/index.html

I also spoke with Evod Industries and the designer there has a great idea for a modern Vector $7k for a set. Gives you something to compare anyhow. That price comes down the more sets are sold at the same time.

I know it sounds corny, but one day I'd like to build a Pro-Touring style General Lee.

True to the same colors and graphics as the orginals, not like Extreme Lee, even tho I liked it.

Thanks

Thanks

Chris Reed
Wing Cars Rock!!
I eventually want to build a P/T General Lee

WHITE AND RED 69

Pro-touring general lee sounds awesome.   :cheers:

7 grand for custom one off wheels!? I never knew they were so pricey?

I also saw these on the intro site that might look like the vectors if painted? I know the 3rd pic doesnt have enough spokes but it has the right design. I wonder if intro could add 2 more spokes to their design for a fee?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Bobby41909

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 13, 2011, 07:20:55 PM
Pro-touring general lee sounds awesome.   :cheers:

7 grand for custom one off wheels!? I never knew they were so pricey?

I also saw these on the intro site that might look like the vectors if painted? I know the 3rd pic doesnt have enough spokes but it has the right design I wonder if intro could add 2 more spokes to their design for a fee?

I see these resemble the Extreme Lee wheel but look nothing lime an updated Vector.  The vector has a very 3-D look to it, looks deep, these other wheels look very flat. 

autodynamics

call budnik they will build them for you.......i spoke to them in the past...